Chapter 27 : A Misunderstanding

Carson

Out of all the people, Carson has to ran into the cafe it was Asher. She may appear calm but inside she is rambling. Thankfully, Leandro had called her. Else, she didn't know how to counter an imposing Asher. It is in all aspects awkward. Meeting the man whom you do not wanted to see, that is.

The cab then reached the destination, a fancy diner facing the bay. She immediately saw Leandro seating outside.

'Kitten, I already ordered your favorites, course you can order more' he said winking at Carson. At the table is a blueberry cheesecake and milkshake.

'Is this your apology for letting a stranger take me home at the bar?' Carson fake anger, crossing her arms.

'You don't want it, then more cake for me' Leandro said pulling the cake towards him. Carson then held it out.

'Course, I forgive you' she said putting up a playful smile.

'So, how are you lately Kitten?' Leandro asked to her but before she can reply a deep husky voice resounded.

'Yeah, I am also curious about that, how are you Signorina?' Asher said sitting beside Carson. His stare look at her in contempt. She wasn't aware he had followed her there so Carson had to take time to react.

'Do you know this guy?' Leandro inquired. Carson then felt his hands squeezed her thighs. She didn't give in though.

'His just someone, my grandfather asked to look after me in England' Carson answered glaring at Asher. She removed his hand. To her exaperation the man had the audacity to smirk at her.

'The last time, I checked you are screaming my name hastily' Asher said that almost got Leandro off his seat if Carson didn't raise her hand. Asher is outward insulting her. She snorted.

'Don't be full of yourself, Signore. Its not like I can't scream other names.' Carson reiplies coolly and took a sip on her milkshake. She knew she affected him seeing Asher tensed up.

'You loved every bit of it' he gritted his teeth.

'Don't be full of yourself, Signore. Its not like I can't scream other names.'
Carson replied though deep inside it pains her to know that she had given herself to a cold hearted man like him.

'Suit yourself, then' Asher said grabbing Carson by the wrist and slumping her over his shoulders like a sack of potatoes. Leandro eyed them amusely.

'Don't you dare' he said to which Leandro raised his hands to. Carson yelped struggling.

'Lei, I'll tell Aunt about your escapades!' Carson yelled at Leandro who grinned toothly.

'Your Welcome!' he said maddly waving his hands to her.

~~~~~~
Asher

'Stop the car!' Carson said sending burning glare to Asher. He had single-handedly ruined her reunion with the man in the diner and forced her to come with him.

'For goodness sake, just stop the car!' she insisted. He ignored her and continued driving.

'Fine, don't talk. That's the only thing, you are good at' Carson leaned back, staring away at the window. Her face pissed while Asher can't help be ease she is beside him. Whether he admit or not, she missed her badly. The past few days without her presence felt like eternity to him.

'I can't believe it, Lei let me be taking by you' she mumbled enough for him to hear. The thought of her and the Greek man agitated him. Asher gripped the stirring wheel hard. He made a full stop that had both of them knag from their seats.

'Do you like him that much you'd prefer his company than mine?' Asher tauntingly said. The most words he had spoken to her since he ignored Carson. She rolled her eyes at him in a bored expression.

'Definitely' she answered staring at the window.

'Is he that awesome?' Asher follow through. Carson sighed.

'Yes' she replied. By this time Asher is annoyed with her brief answers as well as the attitude she is giving her.

'Can you answer me not in one word?' he clenched his jaw. Still Carson remain unfazed.

'No' she stated firmly.

'Why?' he inquired to which she just shrugged. Asher had already reached his limit. If he didn't know better Carson is giving him the cold shoulder.

'Fuck it, Carson. Why must you always complicate things!' He yelled stopping the car that made Carson bat her attention to him. Her eyes fierce.

'Me? Complicate? You are the one who have too many moodswings.' she argued to Asher who gritted his teeth. He is aware that she is mimicking him. Hence, now he knows what she feels when he does so.

'Listen, I thought I can handle be in the same place as you but I can't. Totally impossible. You are impossible' Carson said removing her seatbelt. She unlocked the door and went out. Asher then went out on his.

'Come back here Signorina' he demanded to a walking away Carson. She ignored him. Asher's ego hit. He slid out in the car and drove. When she is not seen in the sidemirror. He stopped the car. He waited for her to go the direction but never came. Worry overcome him. He drove back. He found her walking in the opposite direction.

He followed her slowly. As if noticing it, she stopped once in a while. To his surprise, Carson ran into the nearby forest. Since, they were traversing a hills road there is no house around. Asher, then left the car and followed her. He gripped his hair pissed when she lost her.

'Stop, following me Mr. Stone. I don't need you to babysit me. I can do things on my own. I've been alone since I've met you.' Carson said in monotone. Asher turned around to face her. Her eyes cold that can even freeze the warmest of glow. Contrary to the playful, persistent and fierce heiress, the person in front of him screams like an entirely different person.

'Is it what you want, for me to leave you alone?' Asher asked firmly. There is no emotion at all in Carson's face.

'Yes' She answered without repercussions, making Asher balled his fist. Her answer is like a knife stabbed to his chest.

'Now, all is said. Goodbye Mr. Stone' she said turning her back at him. Asher stood glued on his spot, watching her retreating figure. He wanted to follow her but his male ego wouldn't let him. At least his male pride wouldn't let him force himself to a woman pushing him away.