Chapter 38 : The Way To Your Heart

Carson

'Stop staring. Its bad habit to do so. People will see you as a creep' she scolded him. Instead of being mad at her, Asher was delighted. It annoyed her that the man isn't falling to her tricks to made him dislike her.

'I give up.' Carson raised my hands in defeat, walking away from him. Asher scrambled to his feet to follow me behind. It had been a tiring day and all she want to do is sleep.

'Carson, the yacht's this way' he stated as matter of factly whilst she continue to walk to the opppsite direction.

'Just leave me be. I'm going home myself' He didn't argue yet still he tailed me like a shadow.
Carson suddenly stopped, making him halt.

'Carson?' he asked. Her eyes darted to the Television set by the street. Its her father and stepmother being interviewed in a talk show.

They were hugging, kissing like they have no worries in the world.  Its as if time stood still and painful memories of the time she burried long time ago came rushing back at Carson.  The reason why she became a rebel bad girl heiress in the first place.

~~~~~~

'Hey, more!' Carson yelled with blurry vision. Someone snag the bottle of liquor of her hand. Even in the misdst of dimly litted bar, she could tell how handsome he is, Asher Stone is.

'Carson, lets go' he paid the bill, led her out of the bar. Perhaps,  she thought she had really became cheap. She laid with him. He who had his life at the palm of his hand while she on ther other hand have always been broken.

'You deserve someone better' Carson told him as he supported me climbing his yacht. There was a stint of sadness his in eyes. Carson didn't notice the tears falling on her eyes. He engulfed her into an embrace. One that sent warmness to her being. The kind that acts like a security blanket even for a shortwhile.

'No one can be you' he mumbled, thriving to soothe her as he continuosly pat her back in circles. In that moment, in some way, such gesture eased her. She hugged him in return.

'I love you' he whispered meeting her gaze. He smiled tenderly at her. Longingness evident on his silver grey orbs. Right then, all Carson wanted is to melt to his touch. She had fallen for him but there is always the wall in her heart that prevents her from trusting people.

'You know, when I was a kid my parents are so inlove. At some point I had wished I can have a love like them but I was wrong, happy ever after only exist in fairytales.' she remained in his arms as they stare at the stretch of nothingness over the darkness of ocean. 

'Few years later, my mother was diagnosed with cancer.  One day she asked me and my father to go see her at the hospital. I came but my father didn't, he chose to a go on a business trip. My mom died while I was talking  to her' This time Carson's water broke. She love her mother dearly that it was very painful for her.

'And you know what, my father didn't even bother going to her funeral. After a week, he went home announcing that he is going to marry my stepmom. I then found out that the time he didn't  see my mom was when he is having a fancy dinner with his prospective new wife' she poured her out as she reminsced how her father neglected and had easily changed her mom in his life. Hence, the reason why he had always viewed him with disdain. She held a grudge that had her realized that people break their promise of love.

'Sorry. I didn't know. If I could turm back time, I would've been there for you'  Asher apologized making her shook her head. She knew she shouldn't drag his emotional baggage to him just cause she can't forget the pass. Yet still, she wanted him to know.

'I'm scared' she hiccuped. Asher kissed her forehead. Their proximity allowed her to hear his heart. It is beating rapildy similar to hers.

'I know that's why I'll stay by your side as long as you need me. Just let me love you Carson' he kissed her jawline, then claimed her lips. Then, the rest of the night became history. They  made love to their hearts content.

~~~~~

Asher

She slept in his arms like a baby. That night he made slow passionate sex with her.  It was sure bliss. The euphoria he felt when she came while he is inside of her is one he will remember for a long time. Knowing he had statisfy her in every way he could had made him happy.

They were still at the yacht, in the middle of the ocean.

'Hi' she found him staring at her, smiling like a fool. Having her in his arms made him an overly content man. He thought at that moment that if he had her, he wouldn't want anything in the world.

'I love you' he told her without repercussions. Carson's cheeks turned red. She gripped Asher's shirt that she is wearing. Her sudden shyness elated him.

'Ah-okay' she averted her gaze from him. He held out her cheeks to meet his. Her eyes a bit puffy from her outburst. He didn't know why she cried that night. Yet for what its worth, Asher is determined to keep a smile on her face.

'Carson, I am yours' he held her hand to his chest.  She didn't respond. However no matter how greedily Asher wanted her for himself, he also is a man in love. He would wait for her until she let him in to her heart.