Chapter 39 : Suitor Vs. Ex-Housemate / Guardian 2

Carson

That same day at the yacht, Carson and Asher returned to New York. He insisted that she move back with him however she isn't ready yet to make that move. While she had been living before with him, this time its going to be different. She had asked him for time which he gladly accepted. When in truthness she's just dwandling on her own if it really is the right thing to do. Her heart is at bay but her mind tells otherwise.

Her train of thoughts broke as the door bell of her flat rang. It is 7 in the morning so she isn't expecting someone, especially since its a weekday and she had to go to the university.

Opening the door, there stood the man she had been lingering in a while ago, Asher. He held a smile whilst he had a brown bag of fresh bagels.

'Is that for me?' she asked straightfaced. Asher nod at her attempt in being serious. Carson had to admit, that the cold hearted man really do know how to make her swoon. And that is through food.

'I just ate but I'll take that' she bursted into a toothy smile getting the bagels. What she didn't saw coming though is him putting the bag above her. She struggled tip toeng to reach it and Carson being shorter than his 6"2 frame isn't helping.

'Fine. Keep it' she put on a frown. Carson is never a good sport since she was a child so she got pissed when she wasn't able to reach the bag. As if on cue, Asher hug her from her back. He rested his chin on her shoulder that had Carson's heart step up a notch.

'I love you' Asher said to her. She may appear calm but deep inside she's screaming. Its a taste of the chicflic moment she only see in TV and movies. The time when the guy plays up his trumpcard by showing the girl his romantic side.

In Carson's mind, she's asking for strength to fight the temptation to jump on Asher's bone. Although, Asher had been very vocal in wanting her for himself alone, they had agreed to see where things would led up with the absence of relationship because she's still adamant.

'I have class today' she said that made Asher nod. He let go but not before landing a kiss on her cheeks. Her face flushed as she turned her back to him.

~~~~~~~

Asher

He felt over the moon as he went to fetch, Carson. His Carson. He liked the thought of having her back again in his arms again. Though, its not official yet he is positive that he only needs a little push so she agree to be his. He thought, if she does, he won't ever let her go.

'Thanks' she told him. She unlock her door without looking at him, making him fliched the lock key. As soon as she turned, he landed a kiss on her lips. She didn't react at all. He was about to land another when knocks erupted at Carson's window that had her snap out of her trance.

'Ignore it' He told her, seeing the number person he want away from her. Set of knicks continue to echoed that had him growl grumply.

'I need to see who it is' Carson opened her side, making Asher get out from the driver's seat.

'Get away from her boy' he taunted to their disrupter that had held Carson's hand. He smirked at him, pulling Carson to him. To his dismay he kissed her cheeks. The next thing he knew, He found himself landing a punch on his face.

'We're dating' the boy who is now sitting at the stairs replied. He wiped off the blood on his mouth. To make things worse, students started to gather around the commotion.

'Leave' Carson said, swatting down to help the boy. He gave her a stare saying Are-You-Seriously-Choosing-Him. A while ago things are going great until the boy appeared.

'Please' she asked him. With reluctance, he left. He hated the boy but he hated the fact that he can't say no to Carson. How he wished he could tore him apart but that would be murder.

~~~~~~

Author's Note :

Yay! reached thousands views in less than a month. As a new watty writer, I didn't expect I can have as much. Thank you for your support. I am grateful to you guys, for taking the time to read my story.

If you like this chapter, please do show some love by giving it vote or sharing it with your friends.

XOXO
Marie