THIRTY-TWO

As they were walking back, they came upon a group of people lying on the ground. Juliet brought her hand to her mouth. This was Cora's doing. "She killed them all." Snow looked around. "We have to stop her before she does anything else." Emma saw something poking out of the debris. "Hey, look." Juliet walked over. "There's someone under there. He's alive." Juliet rolled the man out from under the dead body. Once she saw him, she stepped back. "No." She recognized him.

The ship was already at shore. The captain of the ship stood at the sand. "Well well well, if it isn't the only two girls in Neverland." He tipped his hat. Juliet stayed tense. "What do you want, Hook?" Hook smirked. "Where's your boyfriend?" Juliet heard a voice behind her. "Right here." Juliet turned her gaze to see Pan standing there. "Hello, Hook." Hook nodded. "Pan." Pan folded his arms. "What are you doing troubling these fine young ladies?" Hook smirked. "Funny you should ask." He then grabbed Juliet's arm, and pushed her onto the boat. Juliet fell back, and landed on her back. She immediately stood up, and rushed to the edge of the boat. Soon after Juliet came Paisley. Pan pushed past Hook and stepped onto the boat. He ran to Juliet. "Listen, I'm going to get you out of here." He brushed the hair behind her ear. "I love you, Juliet." She hugged him, and stepped back when she noticed he wasn't moving.

Juliet folded her arms as Emma looked at Hook. Hook looked at her. "Have we met before?" Juliet scoffed. You think you'd remember someone you took away from Pan. She tilted her head. "I don't know. You look kind of familiar." Hook nodded. Emma raised an eyebrow.

Emma, Snow, and Mulan stood a few feet away from Hook, talking. Juliet sat across from Hook. "I think Cora's tricked us before. I don't want it to happen again." She looked over at the teenager. "Plus, Juliet doesn't seem to trust him, and she was in the Enchanted Forest before the curse hit. Maybe she knows something about him that we don't." She walked back over to Hook and handed him a cup of water. "Here you go." Hook smiled. "I cant thank you enough for your kindness. Fortune, it seems, has seen fit to show me favor." Juliet rolled her eyes.

"An island full of corpses. You're the only one to escape. How exactly did that happen?" Hook sighed. "She attacked at night – slaughtered everyone in one fell swoop. When she started ripping out people's hearts, I hid under the bodies of those who had already been killed. Pretended to be dead myself. Mercifully, the ruse worked."

Emma narrowed her eyes. "So much for fortune favoring the brave." Hook looked up at her. "It was all I could do to survive." Emma placed her hands on the table. "I'm going to let you in on a little secret. I'm pretty good at knowing when someone is lying to me." Hook's eyes slightly widened. "I'm telling you the truth."

Mulan looked around. "We should leave here in case Cora decides to come back." Snow sighed. "We should start searching for a new portal back to Storybrooke. I only got about five minutes with my husband, not to mention my grandson." Hook looked up at her, confused. "You have a grandson?" Snow chuckled. "Long story." Hook stood up. "Well, I know this land well. I can guide you." Emma held a dagger up to his throat. "You're not going to guide us anywhere until you tell us who you really are.