SIXTY-TWO

The only thing that Juliet didn't like about Neverland was the seemingly endless jungle. She could walk for hours and only have gone a few miles. She could count the number of times she'd gotten lost in the jungle.

However, this time, she was determined. She was on a mission. She used her magic to push the branches out of her way as she walked. 

She came across a clearing. Clearly, someone had been there recently. The fire was still lit. Juliet sighed, sitting down on a log. She wasn't planning on staying long, just long enough to figure out her next step. 

All of a sudden, she heard a rustle in the bushes. Standing up quickly, Juliet held up her hands in a defensive manner, ready to fire on whoever came out of the bushes. 

As soon as she saw motion, she fired a green fireball. It missed Gold by a few inches and hit the tree behind him. Juliet sighed. 

"Sorry. I thought you were someone else." Gold looked at the tree behind him, which was now scorched. He looked back at the teenager.

"How did you get here? You weren't on the boat." Juliet shrugged. 

"Honestly, I have no idea. A portal just..." She waved her arms in front of her to symbolize a circle. "...appeared in front of me." She looked around. "Is this your camp?" Gold rolled his eyes. 

"Yes, it is. So leave." Juliet noticed that in Gold's hands was a small doll, looked like it was made out of straw. She tilted her head.

"Is that a doll?" Gold looked down at the doll in his hands, obviously upset. 

"How do I know you're not a vision? I just saw a conjured vision of Belle, so how do I know you're not one?" Juliet folded her arms. 

"Really?" She looked around. "Well, I'm here, so... not a vision." Gold sat down on the log across from her. She started fiddling with her hands. 

After a while, it looked like Gold had had an idea. He stood up and walked to the other side of the clearing. Juliet could see he was muttering to himself. 

Once Gold came back, he grabbed Juliet by the arm. 

"I have a plan for how we're getting Henry back." Juliet stood up and wriggled free of his grasp. 

"Okay, then what are we waiting for. Let's go."