FOUR

Little Juliet was an energetic child, and always wanted to be outside. Zelena had a hard time wrangling in Juliet, but at the end of the day, Zelena would be carrying a tired Juliet, who was hanging on to her mother's shoulders.

One day, while Zelena was keeping an eye on her five year old daughter, she heard a voice behind her that was all too familiar.

"She's a cute kid." Zelena turned her head to see Hades. 

"What are you doing here?" Hades looked at her. 

"Don't I have a right to see her? She's my child as much as yours." Zelena sighed, and kept her eyes on Juliet. 

"Well, what if I don't want you in her life?" Hades stepped back. 

"Why not?" Zelena angrily turned her head. 

"Because I want her to be safe. You may not be the safest person for her to be around. You told me about your rivalry with your brother. What if someone who works for your brother finds out about her? And there's also the fact that you can't be here for long periods of time. I don't want to get her hopes up only to be disappointed like I was." Hades huffed.

"How many times do I have to apologize? I never wanted to use that spell for myself. I wanted to help you." Zelena shook her head. 

"I told you I never wanted to see you again. You have to respect that. And I definitely don't want you near my daughter." Juliet heard the two arguing and walked over. 

"Mommy, who's that?" Hades began to speak, but Zelena interrupted him. 

"Just an old friend. Don't worry about it. Now go play." Juliet smiled, and started skipping off. Zelena turned to Hades. 

"You're not going to be in her life, and that's final." Hades narrowed his eyes, then calmed down. It seemed like he thought of something. 

"If you so wish." He looked at his daughter. "But there will come a time where she seeks me out. There are some things that she can only learn from me. Like it or not, she's a demigod. You're going to have to tell her about me eventually. And she may hate you for keeping me away the way you hate your mother for leaving you." Zelena sneered. 

"My mother abandoned me. I'm protecting my daughter. It's different. That little girl is everything to me and I will do whatever I can to keep her safe." Hades sighed, keeping calm. 

"Fine. For now, I will stay away. But you will regret this." Then, he disappeared in a puff of blue smoke. Zelena sighed, looking at her daughter. All her worries melted away watching the pure joy on Juliet's face. Zelena walked over to Juliet, crouching down to her eye level. 

"How would you like to go visit Glinda." Juliet's smile widened, and she practically jumped into Zelena's arms.