Chapter twenty seven

*Bradleys POV*

It hurts seeing them so close, I’m being Connor here. He isn’t here to stick up for himself and so I’m doing it for him. He wouldn’t let them be together without saying how he feels and I’m trying so hard to put that across but they don’t listen. James is too hooked and Ava needs comfort.

 Right now though, I couldn’t care less about their relationship. I’m bothered about Connor. He has to wake soon, the wait is agonising.

 “Are you here for Mr. Ball?” a doctor asked, we all stood and nodded.

“We have news, we’ve been testing his blood and his brain signals whilst in the coma and it seems they’re getting better. It’s been a month and six days since he was in here and I can happily say he’s in recovery mode. He will wake up, wither its tonight or within a couple of days. His results show that he will wake up very soon” the doctor announced.

I stood, grinning. I knew he’d pull through. James probably feels like a douche for doubting Connor or any of us.

 “Hey, go home. I’ll look after Ava. you need sleep” I told James

He looked at me before smiling.

“I do need some sleep, will you make sure to call me if there’s any more news” I nodded

*Ava’s POV*

I was at across from Tristan, James peered infront of me.

“I’m going to get some sleep, I’ll be back at around lunch time okay?” he said

“Okay” I smiled

He kissed me quickly before leaving.

“You and him ey” Tris raised an eyebrow

“Yeah” I giggled

“What about Connor?” brad asked

“Brad, please. I’ve told you about this. Me and connor broke up, I moved on and I’m hoping he will too”

“I know, I’m sorry” he huffed, running his hands through his hair.

I woke up a few hours later, I was resting my head against Tristan’s legs and he was sat up, scrolling on his phone.

“Any news?” I asked, he shook his head.

“Nope”

“Urgh” I groaned, moving myself to sit up.

Before I could really process what was happening, a beeping noice came from Connor’s room. Within seconds about five doctors rushed into the room. I didn’t dare follow, I turned to Tristan. Panic was clear on his face and I pulled myself closer to him. He rested an arm round me before sighing.

“Shit” he cursed

“I’m scared” I admitted.

“Me too” he laughed

The doctor we spoke to earlier came from the room. We all stood again, staring at him.

“He’s awake” he announced.

I felt the panic wear away and was replaced with relief. I grabbed my phone and text James to tell him to get here soon.

“Can we see him?” Brad asked.

“One at a time, I advice you choose carefully who goes first” he spoke, the rest of the doctors walked out, smilling in our direction.

“Ava, you go first” Brad pushed