Chapter forty two

*Connor’s POV*

Everything was packed and I was now playing the waiting game.

I had four hours until I needed to be at the airport. Time’s like this I regret even joining the band. I love touring, the thrill of people singing your song lyrics back at you is insane but I can’t set aside the guilt in the pit of my stomach. I’m leaving my two month pregnant fiancé for six months.

“Have you packed your charger?” Ava asked, walking into the room with a few more travel essentials.

If it wasn’t for her I probably wouldn’t have packed half the things I needed and would end up living off of one pair of clothes for the months.

“Sure have”

Since we’ve been on the count down for me leaving Ava’s been down a lot, her normal jolly self has been replaced with a forced smile plastered on her lips. She thinks I’m fooled but I know she’s far from fine.

  I did a little research and it’s pretty normal for that to happen when somebody is pregnant, I guess me leaving piles on, adding to the sadness.

“I’m going to miss you so much” I breathed, she was stood mere inches from me yet it felt like thousands of miles.

“I’ll miss you more” she promised

I watched as her eyes filled with tears and within seconds mine did the same, I can’t stand to part from this girl, she’s basically my other half.

“Don’t cry” I hushed, wrapping her up in my embrace.

Her head wrested in the crook of my neck whilst her hands were tightly wrapped around my torso, I held her around her back and pressed her against me. I didn’t want to let go.

“Please come with me?” I asked once more.

“I can’t” she sobbed more with each word.

I sighed and began playing with the ends of her hair.

“You know I don’t want to leave you, right?” I didn’t want her thinking that she wasn’t important.

“I know, you have to”

“I will ring you every day, text you whenever I can and FaceTime or skype when I get the chance. I won’t let us slip apart. If I ever get the chance I’ll get a plane back here, even for a night and stay with you” I promised her.

“Please don’t fall out of love with me” she whispered

“Ava, I could never not love you. I wouldn’t even be able to date anybody else because they can’t compare to how you make me feel. I need you, nobody else matters to me, just you”

The four hours passed and they were mainly filled with tears and hugs. Eventually we arrived at the airport and got ourselves ready to say our final goodbyes.

*Ava’s POV*

He stood there, staring at me. I couldn’t bring myself to ask him to stay, I knew it would break him.

He has to go on tour, I can’t be the one to stop his dream.

I took a deep breath and looked at him, his eyes were burning into mine, we couldn’t do this.

“Oh god, ava I can’t even say goodbye” his eyes were misty, I can imagine that mine were the same.

“Go Connor, let’s get it over with. It’ll be easier for the both of us”

I didn’t want to do this, god if I could I’d rewind time and tell him to cancel the tour but that’s selfish and unfair for the boys so I’m keeping my mouth shut.

“I love you” he sighed.

“I love you too” we brought our lips together, it was more of a needing kiss, like we’d never get the chance to do it again.

“Goodbye” he whispered

“Bye” I sobbed 

And with those few words he turned and walked away.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what do you think, eyyy

Connor's gone on tour for SIX MONTHS

what's ava gonna dooooooooo

i've got some juicy stuff planned for the next chapters;)

vote & comment, thank you x