chapter thirty four

*Ava’s POV*

The car ride home was awkward, and that’s the first time I’ve ever felt like that around Connor. Not one of us spoke or even tried to make a conversation. I guess we’re both just in shock. I was expecting something surprising but not once did I even imagine it could be a baby.

  I don’t even have a job, I can’t afford to feed this baby, I can’t even feed myself when Connor’s not home.

Connor’s also becoming more and more popular in the boy band industry and has many trips scheduled for LA; he’s going to be on tour and away a lot. I need someone to help raise this baby; I can’t even turn to my dad.

“We should talk” Connor finally spoke, we had just walked through the door and he already wanted to speak.

I sat myself down on the couch, waiting for Connor to do the same.

He sighed, taking my hand in his and looking from the floor to my face.

“I was not expecting a baby to be thrown into this equation, hell I wasn’t even sure I ever wanted kids in the first place. I do know that if I was to ever have them, it would be with you and so I’m glad if I got someone pregnant it is you. However, there’s so many things in the way right now, I’m not sure I can raise this child”

“I didn’t want this baby, I can’t raise it on my own. You’re so busy with work and I don’t even have a job. What am I going to do?” I felt the emotions kick in and that’s when it hit me, I’m going to be a mum.

“No, I’m staying here. You’re raising this baby with me. The boys will understand and if they don’t, what kind of friends are they? I want us to prove to everyone that we can raise a child, we can be good parents and an amazing family”

“Connor” I felt the guilt sitting in my stomach.

“Yeah”

“What if it’s not yours”

His face drained and he released my hand, he rested his had in the hands and just let out a heavy breath.

“I don’t care, this baby is going to be in my family and I’ll treat it as my own even if it is James’s” he forced a smile.

“You can be mad, I understand. I want this baby to be yours, I don’t think I could live with it not being yours” I admitted

“It will be mine, blood or not” he rubbed my shoulder with his arm before embracing me in a hug.

“You need to call James” he spoke.

*James POV*

I’ve had no texts, no calls, nothing.

Everyone’s excluded me from everything, I feel like I’m not even wanted anymore.

The last I heard was from Brad, telling me that I should let Connor and Ava be now.

I can’t help but want to forget everything and just start again.

I pick up my phone and scroll through my contacts before pressing call on Ava’s number.

“James?” she answered

“hey”

“I was actually just going to call you” she laughed.

“Really? What’s up?”

“I would tell you in person but I’m scared about how you’re going to react”

“Go on” I urged

“I’m pregnant, and James it could be yours”

I felt the air squeeze out of my lungs and my heart stop beating for a second.

“No” is all I could say, I can’t be a dad.

“is that seriously going to be your reaction?”

“You’re a fucking idiot, if I didn’t wear protection you always said you were on the pill” I huffed.

“Maybe a few times I forgot” she just snapped

“Forgot? I bet you did this on purpose, making yourself pregnant then running back to Connor. That’s been your plan all along hasn’t it?”

“What? I would have just done that with Connor if that was what I wanted”

I hung up, I can’t deal with her shit any longer.

The anger keeps rising in me, I can’t help but want to scream. Is this a sick joke or something, is someone going to jump out and yell ‘got ya’ because I sure fucking hope so. I can’t be a dad, I won’t be one until I’m at least twenty five. 

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

what do you all think of james's reaction??

my last update will be tomorrow, for two weeks!!