Chapter forty

*Connor’s POV*

Being back in England after such a good holiday is like living in the great depression. Everything seems so dull, our way back from the airport was just pointing out the chavs walking the streets in illuminatus tracksuits.

 We’ve been back about two weeks and I can say with no doubt, Ava’s been sick every single day.

The pregnancy is effecting her a lot, she doesn’t want to do anything out of the house because she feels people will think she’s fat.

Her bump isn’t visible yet, not unless you actually lift her top and get her to stand sideways so no idea what she means.

Anyway, she’s self-conscious, has a bad habit of crying at anything, showers constantly and can’t eat. Living with her is close to being in hell.

 “Connor”

I was sat on the chair next to our bed, she was resting her back against the headboard reading a book.

“Yeah?”

“My stomach, I seriously can’t do this” the tears were turned on again and even if the pain was minor she would still cry.

“Babe, we’re having a baby. You’re going to have a baby, our baby” I tried to reassure her, doesn’t always work.

“I know, but Connor this pain isn’t something I can deal with every day for another eight or so months”

I placed the book I was reading down and crouched on the floor so I was eye level with her lying on the bed.

“Think about our future, I’m going to be here for you throughout these months. You’re going to be in pain, but if you are so am I. You want chocolate, I’ll get you chocolate. Have a craving for cucumber, I’ll get you cucumber. Anything you want, I’ll get you”  

“I love you, I don’t deserve you”

“I love you too and you say this everytime but we deserve each other” I stood up and planted a kiss to her forehead.

“Get some sleep, it’ll ease the pain” I whispered before stepping out the door.

I was sitting in the front room, waiting for Ava to wake up again.

My phone vibrated next to me, Brad’s name and a message appeared.

‘meet us at studio in ten, something to discuss with the band’ I read it again before replying that I’d be there.

I wrote a note for Ava so she knew where I was.

“hey” I greeted Brad.

“Sit down” his smile was bigger than I’d seen, scaring me slightly.

“Whilst you were away, we got some news and it’s so good and I just can’t wait to tell you”

“You’re rambling, just tell me. I’ve got a pregnant fiancé at home sleeping, hurry”

“We’re going on tour” he announced, cheering away.

“When?”

“Next month, we come back from America next year in august, how amazing is that?”

I know I should be happy, like my career is picking up and I’m going on tour with my three best friends but I’m not. I’m actually pretty pissed, Bradley knows I’m expecting a baby and he throws this at me, I don’t know what he was expecting me to react like but by the look on his face it clearly wasn’t this.

“Why aren’t you happy?” he asked

“why do you think? Brad I’m expecting a baby in less than eight months’ time and you throw a tour on me, there’s no way I can do it, I’m sorry”

“What do you mean, yeah you’ve got a family coming but can’t you just go home for the birth and then back on tour when its over?”

“Do you even know what it’s like to know you’re having a baby, I can tell you it feels amazing. I’m going to be a father. This means I have to support my family, not run off on tour and leave the mother alone to cope”

“I have an idea”

“Explain”

“What if, you bring Ava. We don’t do a full year tour but a six month tour, it’ll mean Ava’s in our sight. You can earn some money whilst you’re waiting for the baby and then once it’s over Ava will be almost due so you’ll have time to do all the shopping and everything you need?”

I thought about it for a while, it’s a pretty stupid thing to do but it just might work, I mean I’ll have to persuade Ava but I’m sure she’d be happy enough to do it.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I'M HOME GUYS!!!