Chapter twenty five

*James POV*

My whole plan blew up, I was hoping that me and Ava could talk properly about what we are. If she wanted to be more than ‘friends with benefits’ then I’d happily oblige and ask her to be my girlfriend. If she wasn’t interested in the label then again, I’d be happy enough to just have her.

  After our discussion we agreed it was best to have a little break. She said she wanted to stay on her own for a while in Connor’s house. I didn’t want to push her to stay with me so I just took her there, saying a little time is all we need.

The stress of Connor and his accident hasn’t only impacted her, it’s affected me and the rest of the boys. He was important to us all and not only for the band. I miss him, I really do. I’m telling myself that he won’t pull through so that if he doesn’t I won’t be disappointed, I’m hoping he does. I need him right now, Ava needs him right now and clearly Brad does too.

   “Hey Brad” I’d decided to call him, check that he’s alright. The behaviour Ava told me about hadn’t seemed like the Brad I knew and I guess it’s best for me to check.

“I was waiting for this call” he chuckled

“What made you say those things to her?” I huffed, I was pretty pissed. He knows how fragile Ava has been in the past.

“I needed her to realise that she belongs with Connor, I know you don’t want to hear this but come on, you can’t seriously think she’s going to fall in love with you when Connor’s around?”

“He’s half dead” I disagree with him, Ava will love me. She has to.

“Wow, you’re just as I suspected. Arrogant, Connor will get through this and trust me, I’m going to be there with him unlike you. Suck it up, she’s using you to hide her pain” his words left a mark.

“She isn’t using me, Ava wouldn’t do that. she needed somebody and I was there, she just so happened to have an interest in me too and things have gone from there. I’m not making her do any of this and you know that”

“James, you just said it yourself. She needed someone. She isn’t a slut or anything else I called her. Believe me, if I was her I’d be looking for someone to help me too. She’s so weak and just needs support. Only Connor will fully heal her and if you really cared you’d leave her be” with that he hung up.

  *Ava’s POV*

I didn’t want to argue anymore. I just want him to tell me how he feels. Does he want more than whatever we are? Does he want to just stick to being friends, I really don’t know.

  After he drove me home and the awkward goodbye, I’ve been sat on the living room floor. I can’t decide if I should just call him or not. Is he still pissed? I don’t even know.

  After two more hours of debating with myself, I press call.

“Hello”

“Hi” my voice was soft

“Ava, what’s up?”

“I need to speak to you” I didn’t want him to think I was ending things, I wanted to do this quickly.

“Go for it, I’m all ears”

“What are we? I like you James; I don’t like being away from you. You’ve made me so happy recently and I can’t thank you enough. I just want to know where we stand in the relationship or whatever it is?”

“Ava, you don’t know how long I’ve been trying to ask this. I was planning on asking today but then I guess things got out of hand, I’m whatever you want me to be, I’ll happily be your boyfriend, I want to be your boyfiend Ava, just tell me” he breathed out

“I want to be your girlfriend” I smiled

“Then you’re my girlfriend” he laughed

“I didn’t expect this” I giggled

I was expecting more arguing or even some hurtful words being thrown across the phone but clearly not.

“I’m on my way” James hung up before I ran to change my outfit.

I wanted to dress to impress, I picked some cute shorts that hung loose, a small crop top and a Ralph Lauren hoodie on top.

After about ten minutes of impatiently waiting the door finally went. I ran towards it and opened the door. James was stood, smirking as he traced my body.

“Hey” he smiled

“Hi”

He instantly grabbed me, not wasting any time before attaching my lips to his. He pulled his tongue along my bottom lip asking for entry, I happily gave it him.

  His hands found their way to my waist and he clutched it, picking me up so I was straddling his knee on the couch. His mouth began planting small kisses to my neck, I ran my hands through his hair.

“Fuck” he cursed

He stood, keeping me in his arms before carrying me to the bedroom.