Chapter Eleven

*Connor’s POV*

“I like that one, it’s quite cheap too” Ava pointed out the small chest draws.

 “Price isn’t a worry baby, remember that” I pulled her into me before planting a small kiss to her forehead.

I’d taken Ava out, she’d been keeping her things inside big bags and it was starting to annoy me and her. I drove her to this store about an hour ago and we still hadn’t found something that’d fit most her things in.

“I personally think that one looks the nicest” I pointed out the large set of wooden draws, it was white and the handles were crystals. I liked the way it shined in the lighting of the store.

“Me too, it’s really cute” She smiled, she walked towards it and opened a few of the draws.

“I’m buying, so don’t worry about the price” I reminded her once again.

“Thank you” she smiled sweetly towards me.

   “I think it’ll just about fit everything in” She laughed.

 We’d decided that it was the perfect set. I’d paid and was currently trying to fit it inside my car.

  *Ava’s POV*

After finally fitting the draws inside Connor’s car, He drove me back home. He and the boys needed to start recording for their upcoming album.

  “I’ll be home about 6, depends how the studio’s condition is when we leave” he laughed; I nodded and leaned across my seat to kiss Connor goodbye.

 “I love you” he smiled.

“Love you too, have fun” I giggled.

 After about an hour I began to get bored. I wanted to ring Tris but he was recording so I couldn’t.

  I sent Tristan a quick text anyway, ‘We need to hang out more, how you feeling?’

‘I’m getting there, how about now?’

‘But you’re recording? And that’s good’

‘No I’m not?’

‘But Connor said you guys were recording?’

‘Oh, that’s news to me’

What? I began to feel my chest tighten, had he lied to me?

I decided to ask James and Brad.

‘Hey Brad, are you recording today?’

‘Hey Ava:) and nope, why?’

‘Just wondering’

‘James, are you or any of the boys recording today?’

‘Not that I know of? Why?’

What was Connor doing?  I didn’t want to be one of those scary girlfriends but seriously, where is he?

“Ava? What’s up?” Tris had rang me, I hadn’t replied to his text so I guess he got worried.

“I’m scared Tris” I felt my voice crack.

“Why? Ava where are you?”

“Can you come pick me up? I’m at Connor’s”

“Yeah, I’ll be on my way”

“Thank you”

I grabbed a few clothes and put them inside my backpack and walked towards the door. I was scared, hurt and confused. A part of my new he was doing something stupid but a part of me was telling me he wasn’t. if he wasn’t why would he lie?

 “Ava?” Tris asked as I got into his car.

“Tris, he lied to me” I couldn’t help but let the tears flow down my cheeks.

“Connor isn’t the type to do anything stupid, please trust me. Go back, unpack and pretend this didn’t happen. I’ll tell the boys to not say anything and If it is something heart breaking then call me” Tris smiled, he knew what I was thinking.

 “I’m sorry for making you drive all this way”

“Ava it’s a six minute drive, don’t be silly”

I stepped back into the house and started to unpack my things. I couldn’t get the thoughts out my mind. So many ideas of what he was doing were running through my mind.

  “Ava” Connor shouted, he was finally home.

“Hey” I decided to not mention anything.

“What have you done today then?” He asked, he hung his coat up on the staircase and walked towards me. I didn’t want to be funny with Connor so I let him kiss me.

“Not much, I didn’t feel in the mood” I simply told the truth, leaving a few important things out.

“Aw, how come?” he stood opposite me, examining my face.

“Tired, I’m just tired” I spoke, this was a lie.

“We’ll have an early night then”

I didn’t understand this boy, why did he need to lie to me? If it was a surprise he’d just say that but this just baffles me.

“How was the studio?” I asked Connor, I wasn’t sure if he was maybe going to confess or not?

“It was good yeah, Tristan just recorded some stuff. I didn’t do much really” He simply answered.

 *Connor’s POV*

I hate lying to her, but this is important and if she knew what I was doing she’d understand.

 “Connor” she looked sad, I hated seeing her so low.

“Yeah?”

“Why are you lying to me?” I didn’t even know how to reply to this, how did she know?

“W-what?”

“You’re lying” a single tear rolled down her cheek.

“Baby, I can’t tell you. I didn’t want to say it was a surprise because then you’d know I was doing something for you and I wanted you to not know anything was going on” this was the truth.

“Oh” is all she said, she didn’t look me in the eye or anything.

“Night” she bluntly replied.

“Ava please, I’m not having sex with another girl, if you think that of me then I’m offended.

“Then why lie to me?”

“I just told you” I shouted back, I didn’t want to fight with her.

“Just go to sleep, I can’t deal with this” she held her hands up and untangled our legs in the bed and turned over.

“I love you” I huffed.

“Say it back, please” I begged.

“I love you too” her voice cracked, she was now crying.

 “Don’t cry, I didn’t want to hurt you” I turned and wrapped myself around her body.

“I’m sorry, I should trust you more” she cried.

“You really should, I’m not here to hurt you. I’m here to love you, just let me”