Chapter forty four

*Connor’s POv*

“Okay, and why do I need to see this?”

Brad, Tristan and James were sat, with panicked and anxious faces, god they scared me.

They’d told me to go onto the gossip page for the celeb news but I don’t really know why, but I did it anyway.

“Read that” Bradley pointed to an article on the screen so I clicked it.

‘Boy band star, Connor Ball, has one night stand with singer and song writer Jessie Newell’

I read those lines over and over, trying to process what this shit actually said.

“What the fuck” I gritted my teeth and felt the anger build in me.

There was a picture of me coming out of an apartment building in California, little did they know that I actually was visiting Jessie so I could give her the song I’d written for Ava for her to go over it and improve it.

  “What were you doing there?” James asked, he had a cheek.

“I wasn’t fucking her if that’s what you mean” I ran my hands through my hair and tried to calm down.

“Well where did they get this from?”

“I don’t fucking know, they thought you were dead about three months ago, they make shit up” James seriously tested my temper.

“Connor, I know you didn’t sleep with her because you wouldn’t do that to Ava, but what were you doing there?” Brad asked, placing a hand on my shoulder.

“I wrote a song a while ago for Ava, I wanted to make it my vows for the wedding, I know it’s ages away but it needs to be perfect, so I decided to ask her to run over it and maybe improve it so I was just dropping it off”

“See, these things just make pure shit up to make money and get people hooked” Tris pointed out, I agree.

I read through the article and at the bottom something lit a fire in me.

‘An anonymous source told us he’d been bragging about how good she was in bed’

“What the hell”

I showed the rest of them and they all just looked wide eyed.

“That’s bull” Brad sighed.

I need to ring Ava, she’d obviously read this because we always used to read the page.

It rang three times before she picked up.

“Hello?” she breathed, yep she knew.

“Ava, I know you’ve seen it but I need you to know I did not sleep with her or do anything with her, I dropped something off and was there for about five minutes max, Ava I don’t know if you believe me but please do”

“I never thought you’d do this” her voice cracked.

“Don’t cry, and I didn’t do anything to you, I promise”

“I read it all, James rang me and told me to read it and that he was sorry, he obviously thinks it’s true”

“No he doesn’t and why we he do that?, he knows that I’m the one who should ring you”

“he cares about me too” she whispered this part.

“How are you doing?” I asked her

“Not well, I can’t eat anything”

“I’m coming home, it won’t be for long and I’ll miss a few shows but I need to help you”

“You’ve been gone a month, I’m fine without you now”

This made me sting, I want her to be fine but not without me, I need her to need me like I need her.

“I love you Ava”

“I love you too” she sighed

“I’ll see you soon, I promise”

“Okay”

With that she hung up, I felt myself shake at the article, the way they used their words to hook people into believing their lies and puzzles.

That’s the shit that makes me mad because it’s giving them the nerve, to think they’re better, running some stupid blog, why give them the satisfaction put them back in their pace. God I hate it so much, when I think about it I actually feel sick in my gut. 

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Plot twist, ouch

vote&Comment, thank you! x