Chapter Fifty Seven

Chapter seven-

*Ava's pov*

I woke up to the sound of rushing around me, I opened one eye and noticed that I stayed at the hospital with Connor.

I looked over at him but he was turned on his side, sobbing softly.

I quietly got up from my chair and walked over to him, I squatted so I was eye level with him.

"Connor, I know this is really hard for you but I'm going to help you get back on your feet"

"Ava the last thing I remember was you sitting by Alex's cot, singing to him"

I sighed, I used to do that every night to get him to sleep.

"You don't remember the fire?"

"I remember nothing, except waking up here"

I nodded.

"Do you still love me?"he asked

I turned my attention to him and took a breath.

"Connor so much has happened, you ruined my life, I couldn't even cope at first, thankfully James was there for me and he helped me bring Alex up"

"I'm so sorry Ava, I love you so much and i can't even believe I did that"

"You did and it's hard to believe too"

"We were married, had a child, how did I even do that?"

"You moved to America, went to your neighbours party got drunk and kissed her"

"Omg"

"You rang me, still drunk, saying you kissed her and you didn't love me"

A single tear rolled down my cheek.

"I'm sorry, you must know that I love you, a lot"

"I can't love you" I sighed.

"I know"

I stood up from the chair and was about to leave.

"Wait"

I turned around and waited for him to continue.

"I want to love you, I want you to love me back, please Ava"

"Connor I can't"

I held back the tears and ran out the ward, down the stairs and out the hospital. I sat on the bench and cried, this couldn't be happening.