Chapter seven

Myself and Connor sat slouched on the couch. I was led between his legs with my head on his stomach. We were both staring at the ceiling in silence. It wasn’t a good silence either.

   “I’m bored” Connor huffed. I sat up and turned myself to face him, he did the same.

“What are they boys up to?” I asked, maybe if we invite the others round it’d be a little less awkward.

“I’m not sure, I think Tris is busy but James and Brad might be free”

“We should invite them, we could watch a film or something?” I suggested. Connor nodded in agreement and pulled out his phone. He dialled a number which I gathered to be Brad’s.

“Hello” Connor’s volume was loud so I could hear their conversation

“hey, it’s Con”

“Oh, Hey”

“Me and Ava are bored, want to come over but bring James and Tris if he’s not busy”

“Yeah sure, Tris is out with Amy but James is with me” Brad replied

“Okay, see you soon” the boys said their goodbyes and Connor smiled.

“Who’s Amy?” I asked Connor, Brad had said Tristan was with her.

“Tristan’s girlfriend” he rolled his eyes.

What the hell?

“Why’d you do that?” I questioned his actions.

“She’s a stuck up bitch who just uses him”

Oh

“Ah” I nodded

“None of us like her but Tris insist she’s the one for him. Bullshit if you ask me” he laughed

“I want to meet her, I’ll be able to tell”

It was true, I knew when a relationship was fake or not. My close friend Lucy, she had a boyfriend for three years before I knew her and as soon as I met her she introduced me to him. I saw the looks he gave other girls and I told her, she called me a bitch and we fell out but after about a month they broke up, he’d cheated on her.

 After about five minutes the door went, Connor stood and in walked the others, including Tristan. His girlfriend was here though.

Shame

“Hey” they greeted me. I smiled and waved.

“Shall we watch a movie?” Tristan asked.

“Sure” we all cheered.

“Well I’m choosing because you’re all shit and choosing movies” Jame’s protested.

After settling on ‘Anchor man’ we all took a seat, mine next to Connor.

“Wait” Tristan paused

“Popcorn?” he added, I sighed and looked at Connor.

“I’m all out” he shrugged.

“We need some” Brad moaned

“I’ll go to the shop, I saw one on the way” I stood and placed my shoes on and grabbed my purse.

“Back in a while”

  I had walked to the shop, which was further away than I had thought.

I entered the shop and grabbed a few bags of popcorn. I turned back and slammed into someone.

Great, go me

“Watch it” the girl hissed.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t see you there”

“You’re smaller than me? How did you not see me?” she glared at her. A boy walked over and placed his arm around her. I was guessing it was her boyfriend.

“Everything alright?” he asked the girl.

“Fab” she smiled and pecked his lips. They both looked back at me and smiled.

After paying and leaving the shop, I began my walk home.

 “I’m back”

“What took you so long” Tristan asked, racing to the door.

“This bitch, I fell into her and she started being so rude and then her boyfriend came over and kissed her right in front of me, I was like urge get a room” I complained, telling the boys of my accident.

  “Amy’s going join us in a while if that’s cool” Tristan told us all.

“Yeah, whatever” James rolled his eyes, just like Connor had.

The film was finally over and I had noticed that the popcorn was all over the floor. I knelt down and began picking it all back up.

“Leave it, it’s fine” Connor came and stood behind me and helped me up.

“Amy’s here” Brad shouted, warning me to watch out for her.

  “Hey” she entered the room and went straight to Tristan. She ignored the others and they ignored her. She stood and turned facing me, I recognised her.

Oh wait, shit.

“Er, hey” she smiled, I saw the panic on her face. She knew who I was and now I know her little secret.

 After Tristan and Amy went upstairs I hushed all the boys. They all looked confused.

“You know my story, about the girl at the shop and her boyfriend

“Well, that’s her” their faces all sank. The fact that she’s sleeping with another guy who probably has no idea that she has a boyfriend pains me, for Tristan’s sake.

“That bitch” Brad said, he stood and began to walk out the room. I hurried after him and caught him by the arm.

“We can’t tell him, we need to tell her we know” I spoke. Brad nodded.

After a while, Tristan came back, with Amy.

Fuck sake

Brad nodded at me and grabbed Tristan.

“I’m going to get drinks, and Tristan here will help me”

“Amy” I spoke, she turned her head. Looking guilty as hell.

Ha

“We know about the other boy, why are you hiding it from Tristan” Connor said.

“It’s not fair on him, or the boy” James added.

“I didn’t know what to do” she sighed.

Maybe end it with Tristan?

“What do you mean?” I asked

“I love Tristan, I really do but I met that boy about a week ago and I fell in love, again” she looked down and her shoes.

“You can’t love Tristan and him” I told her

“I know, I’ve been planning on telling Tristan for a while but I can’t bring myself to hurt him”

“I’ll do it” James said.

“But it’ll crush Tristan so bad” Connor spoke.

“What will?” Tristan stood at the door, obviously hearing the last bit.

“Er, nothing” Amy stood, she walked over and passed Tristan.

“No, I want to know” he began to panic.

“Sit down Tris” James asked, helping his friend to take a seat.

“What is it?” Tris’s face was so hurt.

“Amy’s found someone else. She was planning on telling you but Ava saw her earlier at the store with him and so she admitted it” Tristan’s face went from worried to hurt. He shook his head and stood.

“Tris” Brad tried

“No” He shouted. The front door slammed and Tristan was gone.