Chapter twenty eight

*James POV*

Its nine o’clock in the morning, why is the traffic so slow?

After Ava text me that Connor had woken up, I rushed into the shower and changed within five minutes. I didn’t bother picking a decent out, I shoved my joggers on a hoodie. I grabbed my car keys and headed out the door.

I didn’t think about the school and work traffic and I took the main road, probably wasn’t a bright idea as the traffic was already backed up for miles.

  After finally avoiding any more of the congestion, I turned down a side road and took the long way round to the hospital. This was actually quicker than the normal way today.

I parked my car and paid for a ticket, after sticking it to my window I made my way to the entrance and up the stairs. Once on the correct floor I made my way to ward 13 where Connor was staying.

Ava was sat, holding her head in her hands and Tristan pacing in front of her back and forth.

“What’s going on?” Tristan nodded towards Ava, indicating that I should ask her.

I knelt in front of her and took her hands away from her face, her eyes were puffy and tears were covering her hands.

“He hates me” she cried out

“No he doesn’t”

I knew that Connor wouldn’t exactly be happy for us but I knew he could never hate Ava. He loved her for god sake, obviously he’s pissed off but he should take it out on me not her.

“Can I see him” I asked Brad, he was leaning against another wall ignoring me.

“Whatever” he growled.

I opened the door slightly breathing once before entering fully. This could go one of two ways, he could totally flip out and put me in here with him or he’ll understand everything.

“Connor” I started, his eyes darted towards me.

“Get out” he simply spoke

“Please, give me a chance” I begged

“You’ve got five minutes” he huffed

I sighed before starting.

“Con, I care about you so much, you’ve been one of the best friends I could have ever asked for. You stuck by me through thick and thin and I’ll be eternally grateful for what you did.  You’ve saved my life numerous times and I’ve always tried to save yours. However, you and Ava were pretty special and I never intruded with that. I’ve helped her when you’ve pushed her away with work and I guess the tables turned. When you first gotput in hospital she stayed at my house, she didn’t want to go home without you. She loved you so much, I gave her some of that love and I’m trying to make her as happy as you did. I don’t know if she wants me or you, I’ll never stand in the way if she doesn’t love me, I’ll let her be who she wants to be and follow who she deserves. I’m not going to tell her to go to you because obviously I love her to bits and I couldn’t really cope with her leaving. I need you to understand that I can care for her like you did” he looked at me, his eyes were full of pain.

“have you slept with her?” he asked, catching me off guard

“What? That’s irrelevant”

“Answer the question” he shouted

“Yes I have” he scoffed

“You fucking twat, get out” he began to fumble with the wires attached to him.

“Connor, stop you’ll break something”

“Good, then it can be like me” he began ripping the wires from his chest and arms, throwing them to the floor.

“Brad” I shouted

Within seconds the door flew open and Brad came in, pushing me back out the room.

*Connor’s POV*

The pain right now is probably worse than when I was even hit. I just want to leave. I want to go home, why can’t they just free me? I’m not a prisoner, I’m a person.

James words angered me, I couldn’t help but bite my tongue from stopping myself from saying something I would surely regret. All of this is because of me. If I would have just focused more on my relationship than pushing her towards James when I was working then I’d be the one holding her.

 The thought of James touching her in that way sickens me, only I can touch her like that but now that he has I can’t help but want to swallow myself in drugs and let my body drain again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is getting intense;)

Who's better?

James & Ava or Connor & Ava

vote for this chapter please and maybe leave a comment? thank you guys x