25

Fallingforyou - The 1975

HARRY

The dinner rush at the diner had dispersed a few hours ago, leaving the me with a shit ton of unwashed dishes and a group of half-drunk teenagers in the back corner. Erin had left an hour ago, claiming that I will be fine to clean and lock up on my own. 

Honestly, I didn't care. I was perfectly fine with closing up the diner. The more cash I could make the better, especially since I will be driving back up to Manchester for the Christmas holiday. Fuck, I had to do that tomorrow. The idea of driving up, in this fucking thunderstorm, was not something I was looking forward to. In fact, I was ready to tell my precious mother and her moron husband that I wasn't going to come up. 

However, as much as I wanted to do that, I didn't want to stay here in London. Especially since Isabella wasn't here. 

It has been almost three weeks since she last texted me, since we last talked. I thought that her flirty text messages were some sort of sign that she was ready to move on from her stuck up boyfriend and maybe be with me, but clearly I was wrong. If I have to fucking hear Chase talk to Ben one more time about their fucking Skype conversations, I was going to fucking lose it. She was screwing with my mind. I had no idea how she felt about me, or if that kiss was just a spur of the moment thing. I knew that I fucking felt something for her. I was done denying it. It was now up to her and whether or not she wanted to be with me. But until then, I'm not going to fucking sit around and pine after a girl. I am not like that and I will never fucking be like that. 

Speaking of Ben, he would be driving up tomorrow too. He offered to drive up together, but the thought of being in a car with him for four hours was not appealing one bit. 

"Excuse me, but how can I get a coffee around here?" A soft voice asks. I look up from my spot at the counter. Hanna is sitting at the counter, her blonde hair hidden by a knitted toque. I smirk up at her, grabbing a mug from under the counter, and pouring the hot liquid inside. 

"Here you go," I pass the mug towards her. She offers a thankful smile before slipping her small hands around the mug, and bringing it up to her lips. She takes a quick sip before placing it back down. 

"Hey stranger," she greets. Her eyes are shining in the incandescent glow. 

"Hey to you too." 

We look at one another for a few minutes before she reaches her small hand out and places it on top of my own. "I've missed you," she says quietly. I flip my hand over so that my palm is facing up. She takes this as a cue to intertwine her fingers with mine. I begin to rub the pad of my thumb across her soft skin, earning a deep blush to appear on her cheeks. "Why haven't you been answering my calls?" 

"I've been busy." I answer curtly. The truth being, I didn't want to talk to her. I was too busy being pussy whipped and hoping Izzy would be with me. But I was done with that. 

Her eyes look down to the table, "Oh." 

I watch her as she bites down on to her lip. "What are you doing tonight?" 

Hanna looks up at me, her eyes widening slightly. She bites onto her lip as she thinks for a moment. Her pink lips open up, allowing her soft voice to speak up. "Nothing," she giggles softly. 

I let go of her hand and walk over to her side of the counter. I turn her around so that her back was now leaning against the table. My legs stand on either side of her body and my hands leaning against the table on either side of her head. My body has trapped her small one, making it a lot easier to keep her in place. "Wanna go back to your place?" I ask her, my voice coming out deeper than intended. I watch as a chill runs over her body, earning a smirk from my lips.