Chapter 10- Shade

MacKenzie's POV

"According to this, all your vitals are fine, Wally." Caitlin tells Wally who's on a hospital bed in the speed lab.

"Wally, what did you see?" Joe asks.

"I was Kid Flash again, but this time it wasn't a good dream." Wally says. "I was fighting The Rival at some abandoned sawmill."

"That's what happened in Flashpoint before you got hurt." Barry says. "They're not just dreams, they must be memories of that life."

"More and more people are getting powers." Cisco says from next to me.

"Okay, so how do we stop this?" Iris asks.

"I mean, is there any stopping it even?" Cisco asks. "If Alchemy could reach you at CCPD, he could probably reach you from anywhere, right?"

"I have a suggestion. Why don't we throw Wallace in the pipeline until we figure this situation out." HR says.

"You want to lock him up?" Joe asks.

"Yeah, I agree with Joe, we lock him up because think about this." HR says. "We can't stop Alchemy from getting into Wallace's head, but we put him in the pipeline, then we control the situation from there on out."

"As much as I don't like it, Dad, maybe he's not wrong." Wally says.

"But only till we figure out a better way to make you safe." Joe says.

"Yeah, I agree with Joe." HR says.

"I'm gonna cancel this movie with Cecile." Joe says, walking a little away with his phone out.

"Whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa, wait, wait, you've got a date with Cecile?" Iris asks.

"Yeah, I was gonna bring her to movie in the park tonight." Joe says.

"Well, don't not go." Wally says. "You've put your life on hold for us long enough."

"Yeah, Dad, he's right, I mean, go be Joe West; you're always Dad." Iris says.

"Yeah, we'll stay with Wally, and make sure nothing happens." Barry says.

"I told her all of you were coming with me." Joe says. "Am I gonna be the only one that shows up?"

"Uh, I would love to see a movie." Cisco says, walking towards Joe. "What movie is this?"

"The Shining." Joe says.

"The Shining, oh, I love that movie." Cisco says.

"That movie freaks you out." Barry says. "You have never made it past the part with the Grady twins."

"That's... that's... that was... I was younger." Cisco says.

"Why don't I go with you?" Caitlin asks, walking over to him.

"You sure you don't want stay..." Cisco trails off.

"No, I want to be with you." Caitlin says.

I stand up from my seat and walk over to Caitlin and Cisco.

"Can I come?" I ask, looking at Joe.

"Um..." Joe starts, looking at Barry, Caitlin, and Cisco. "It's the Shining." He tells me.

"I don't know what that is." I say. "Can I watch it?"

"You've gotta take that up with Cisco and Caitlin." Joe says.

"Can I go with you guys, please?" I ask, turning towards them and they look at each other.

"Might be a little too scary for you." Caitlin says.