Chapter 45 - Finish Line

MacKenzie's POV

"Bye-bye, Vibe and Tremors." KF says, her hands out in front of her and she's about to shoot us.

Savitar speeds in.

"Keep them alive." Savitar says, stopping KF.

"What? Why?" KF asks, annoyed.

"Because I need them to build something for us." Savitar says.

Savitar winces, holding his head.

"Savitar?" KF asks, walking over to him.

"Something's wrong." Savitar says, groaning.

"What is it?" KF asks.

"She's not dead." Savitar says.

"How is that possible?" KF asks.

"H.R." Savitar says and Cisco and I look at each other. "He took her place."

"H.R..." Cisco breathes.

"I thought you said H.R. lives." KF says.

"Not anymore!" Savitar exclaims.

"If Iris doesn't die..." KF starts.

"That means the future's changing." I say before coughing.

"So is yours." Savitar says, coming over at us.

***

Savitar speeds us into his lair, throwing me and CIsco on the ground.

Cisco laughs and Savitar puts the bazooka on the table.

"Oh, you better have a plan B, 'cause I don't think your plan A worked out too well." Cisco says.

"Fix this." Savitar says. Cisco stands up and walks over to the table. I struggle to sit up on the ground, the cold wrapping around me again.

"Fix what? The Speed Force bazooka?" Cisco asks. "Hey, I didn't name it. If I didn't name it, I didn't make it. And if I didn't make it, I don't know how it works."

"Oh, you know enough about it to alter what it does." Savitar says. "And Mack is more than capable of doing it too."

"Oh, I see. You want us to alter it." Cisco says. "Well, what do you want us to alter it into? Like, a hair dryer? Or a waffle maker? Oh, I know. Maybe something that's gonna fix that thin-crust pizza you call a face."

"An intradimensional quantum splicer." Savitar says.

"A splicer." Cisco says.

"I do have a plan B. I open a time portal, exposing the Speed Force, you shoot me with that, and I become fragmented throughout all of time. The past, present, future. After that, the paradox can't reach me." Savitar says.

"You wanna splice yourself throughout time?" I ask from the ground.

"Exist in every single moment there ever was?" Cisco asks.

"All of us aware and connected through one consciousness. I'll be everywhere every hour, every minute. And then, I will rule from the Big Bang until the end of the world." Savitar says.

"You wanted us to build this thing." Cisco says.

"Well, why do you think I let you idiots live?" Savitar asks. "Tracy Brand trapped me in the Speed Force in the future. All I had to do was get her to build this a little earlier and have my best friend make all the adjustments."

"I'm not your friend." Cisco says.

"Get to work, Francesco." Savitar growls.

"How about I sit on my ass and let you obliterate permanently from existence? How's that sound?" Cisco asks.