Chapter 12- Killer Frost

MacKenzie's POV

"Caitlin!" Cisco yells once we reach the house. The two of us stand on the street. "Mack, if she comes out, I want you to hide and take cover." Cisco says.

"What?" I ask.

"You heard me." Cisco says.

"No, I can help." I tell him.

"Your hands are still messed up." Cisco tells me, still looking straight ahead. "There she is, go hide."

"Really?" Caitlin asks, walking out. "You brought your toys?"

"I'm hoping it won't come to that." Cisco says.

I kneels down behind a tree, watching the two of them.

"It won't." Caitlin says.

"Look, I'm not leaving you out here. I want to help you." Cisco says.

"There's only one person who can help me." Caitlin says.

"Really? You really think seeking medical advice from someone named Dr. Alchemy is the way to go?" Cisco asks.

"Why not?" Caitlin asks. "My name is Killer Frost."

"Your name... is Caitlin Snow." Cisco says.

"Can Caitlin Snow do this?" Caitlin asks and she shoots ice at Cisco and he runs to the tree I'm behind. Ice crystals shoot at the tree.

"Caitlin, please!" Cisco says, standing above me.

Cisco puts his goggles on and shoots his vibes at Caitlin, but she ducks out of the way.

Barry speeds in and Caitlin freezes the ground, making him slip.

"How's the leg?" Caitlin asks.

Barry pulls Caitlin's legs out from under her and she lands right next to Barry on her back. I stand up from behind the tree as Cisco fixes his gloves. I start walking away from him and he tries to pull me back, but I don't let him.

"I'm sorry, Caitlin." Barry says.

"That was cold, Flash. But this is colder." Caitlin says and she kisses Barry, her ice freezing him.

I hold my hands up to shoot my quakes at her but I stop. It's Caitlin. I can't shoot her.

Just then, vibe blasts were shot past me and Caitlin was knocked off of Barry.

"Start vibrating. It'll warm you up." Cisco tells Barry.

Cisco runs over to Caitlin and I lower my hands, looking at where she is.

***

"Whew." Caitlin says, waking up from inside the cell in the pipeline. Barry holds me as I watch Caitlin get up. "Guess I just needed a little sleep. Thanks, guys. I'm feeling much better now. It's okay. You can let me out. I promise I'm not gonna hurt anybody." No one moves. "Hmm. Guess you're all smarter than I thought." She looks at Cisco. "You know, that was some blast there, Vibe boy. It kind of hurt."

"I didn't want to hurt you." Cisco tells her.

"You're pathetic." Caitlin says.

"Alchemy can't help you. But we can. I promise." Barry says.

"Oh, like you promised Eddie?" Caitlin asks. "And like you promised Ronnie?" I close my eyes. "You know, for a hero, Flash, you sure let a lot of people around you die."

"This isn't you talking. It's the powers. They're messing with your mind. You're sick." Barry tells her.

"I'm broken, Barry." Caitlin says. I hide my face in Barry's shoulder. "But what do you care? Cause you've got Iris. You got your happy ending. Everyone else be damned. So, I'll tell you what: you guys let me go, and I will leave you to your sad and miserable lives."