Chapter 22- Dead of Alive

MacKenzie's POV

"She's good." Julian says in the bunker as we watch the footage of her vibing.

"She's great." HR says. "I mean, Gypsy is a legend on my Earth."

"So why, exactly, did you agree to fight her?" Caitlin asks Cisco.

"I don't know." Cisco says.

"You did what any of us would have done." Barry says.

"I might not have done it, just being honest." HR says.

"Okay, all right. Lay it out for me." Cisco says. "What are my chances here, scale of one to ten?"

"She's gonna kill you." HR says.

"It's a pretty solid one, mate." Julian says.

"You have the same powers Gypsy does, right? I mean, she's not doing anything you can't do." Barry says.

"Much better... look, I mean, she's doing it just much better." HR says.

"You can do this, okay? You just need a little practice and a little confidence. And we're all gonna help you with that, right?" Barry says.

"Yes." Caitlin and I say.

"Uh, sure, sure, yeah." HR says.

"Yes." Barry says.

"Yeah." HR says.

Barry walks over to CIsco.

"Hey. I believe in you, all right? You can beat her." Barry says.

"Listen, I have some ideas for a training regimen I can set up in here." Julian says. "Caitlin, why don't you get the medical bay prepared in the meantime?"

"What? Well, why does... why does she need to set up the... the medical bay?" Cisco asks.

"For when you... beat her, when you beat her, she's gonna... she's gonna need medical attention." Julian stutters out. "Cause you will beat her, I have every faith that you're going to beat her."

"Subtle." I tell Julian. 

Caitlin takes Julian nd leaves.

"Has anyone ever beat her?" Cisco asks HR.

"Yeah." HR says. "No."

"Oh, okay. Well, I've officially reached a nice, comfortable level of just straight-up panic." Cisco says, going over to sit on the stairs.

"I mean, you don't even like me. Why would you risk your life for me?" HR asks Cisco.

"Well, you heard Barry. It's what we do around here." Cisco says.

"Come on. Why?"HR asks.

"You're not like the other Wellses." Cisco says.

"Yeah, so you keep reminding me." HR says.

"No, I mean, those two, they were geniuses." Cisco says. "We depended on them. But with you, the roles are reversed. You depend on us. Harrison Wells was always there for me, so I guess in some weird way, I just... I want to be there for Harrison Wells." It's silent for a moment. "Anyway..."

"Yeah." HR says. Cisco gets off the stairs and grabs my hand, we both walk out.

***

WE're in the bunker again, watching Cisco train.

He blasts some of his vibes.

"Oh, yeah. Facing the wrong way again. How many is that?" Cisco asks us.