Chapter 11- Killer Frost

MacKenzie's POV

"What's happening?" Iris asks as we watch Barry's tracker move everywhere instantly throughout the city.

"I don't understand." Cisco says as I try and type on the computer to get Barry's location. "The suit's tracker must be malfunctioning. It says he's appearing and reappearing all over the city at once, and that's impossible."

"And there's no way he's moving that fast." I say.

"Well, if he can't, maybe something else can." HR says.

The computer beeps.

"Look. It stopped." Cisco says.

"He's at the waterfront." I say.

"Okay. We have to get to him." Iris says.

"And do what? He's fighting an invisible force that's too fast to track." Cisco says.

"If I may, I have a plan." HR says, raising his hand.

"No. No." Cisco says.

"Pretty good plan." HR says.

"Put your hand down." Cisco says.

"It's a question of numbers." HR says. "'Cause right now, it seems to be one against one. What if there were three against one? Do you know what I'm saying?"

"Cisco, you can open a breach and get you both to the waterfront." Iris says.

"Guys, I can't. It's too dangerous." Caitlin says.

"Mack?" Iris asks.

"I can't. My hands." I say, holding my arms up. I need them to heal quickly cause I'm getting tired of not being able to help.

"Caitlin, I'm begging you." Iris says, turning back to Caitlin. "Please."

Cisco opens a breach for him and Caitlin.

***

We're in the medbay, Cisco laying on the bed, Barry sitting in a chair, me on the edge of Cisco's bed and Caitlin explaining.

"Barry, you're already healing." Caitlin says. "You should be fine soon. Um, Cisco, the MRI I did of your brain shows changes in the capillary morphology similar to that of a mini-stroke. I wouldn't try an intra-dimensional breach like that anytime soon."

"Okay, okay. Mini-stroke?" Cisco asks. "You can't just gloss over that like that, okay? What does that... what does that mean? Am I gonna have this migraine for the rest of my life?"

"It means you should take a few aspirin and you'll be fine." Caitlin says.

"Oh. Well, just lead with that next time." Cisco says.

"Cait, I know what a risk you took using your powers." Barry says. "Thank you."

"I didn't do anything." Caitlin says.

"Well, you saved my life." Barry says.

"You've saved mine plenty of times." Caitlin tells him. "I'm gonna go check on Wally." Caitlin walks into the next room.

"What was that?" Cisco asks Barry. "That frozen thing at the waterfront?"

"Frozen thing?" I ask.

"I don't know." Barry tells Cisco. The three of us get up and walk into the next room. "But now we know Alchemy is just the lackey. Whatever that thing was, it's what we're really up against."

"Question: you're the only one who can see him? Why? I mean... why?" HR asks.

"You're both speedsters. Maybe it has something to do with that." Cisco says.