Chapter 29- The Wrath of Savitar

MacKenzie's POV

Barry, Wally, and Jesse are racing around town, trying to get Wally to be faster.

"And Wally just beat his personal best." Cisco says as Wally passes one of our trackers. "Oh, Barry's putting him through the wringer today."
"Excuse Barry? Excuse me? Uh, yeah, I suppose it could be Barry, or it could be his genius coach, whose sole purpose on this Earth is milking epic greatness from those around him." HR says. "Thank you very much."
"It could also be Jesse." Caitlin says.
"What?" HR asks.

"Come on, Wally doesn't want to get beat by his girlfriend." Caitlin says.
"Also, please, just refrain from using milk as a verb from now on, please." Cisco says.
"I'm getting kind of dizzy." Wally says over the comms.
"You're supposed to get dizzy, Wallace!" HR yells. We all look at him. "You're supposed to get exhausted on this route. It's supposed to simulate the stress that you're gonna feel when you finally confront Savitar, so my suggestion to you is, suck it up, buttercup! Milking epic greatness."
"Yeah, no kidding." Cisco says. "Why don't you take it down a little, tiger mom?"

"Barry and Jesse are at the final mark." I say.
"Wally's at the home stretch." Cisco tells them.
A moment passes.

"Guys?" Barry asks.

"0.21 seconds." HR says.
"0.21. Just fast enough to save Iris from Savitar. You did it." Barry tells Wally. Caitlin jumps up with a huge smile on her face. HR laughs in joy.

***

We're all in the cortex, in different conversations with each other.

"How's your head?" HR asks me.

"Fine." I say. "Just hurts a little."

"I can get Caitlin to check you again later." Cisco says.

"I'm okay." I tell him.

"You sure?" Cisco asks.

"Yes." I say.

Caitlin walks in followed by Julian.
"Look who I found." Caitlin says, walking in.
"Hey, guys." Julian says. "How are we doing?"

"Julian." Joe says, shaking his hand. Cisco and I walk over.

"It's good to see you. Good to see you all." Julian says. "Jesse, I thought you were heading back to Earth-2."
"I actually decided to stick around for a little while." Jesse says.
"Hey, does anybody know what's going on? I mean, I got a mountain of paperwork back at the office." Joe says.
"No, not the foggiest." Julian says. "I was gonna ask you."

"Well, Mack has to get to school so whatever's happening needs to happen soon." Cisco says.
"Ah. Welcome home, James." HR says in a british accent. "Can I brew you a proper cup of tea? And a robust pick-me-up for you, mate."
"No need. We hit Jitters on the way. Got everybody something." Barry says.
"I thought you were on deadline." Joe says to Iris.
"I am." Iris says.

Barry and Iris whisper to each other. I grab a cup that says my name on it. Hot chocolate. My favorite.
"What is going on with you two?" Joe asks.

"Uh, do you want to?" Iris asks Barry.
"This is all you." Barry says.
"Okay, here goes." Iris says. "Um..."

Iris holds up her hand and she's got a ring. An engagement ring!

"No way!" I gasp as I run and jump into Barry's arms.

"Congratulations! That's so exciting!" Caitlin exclaims, hugging Barry.

"Thank you. Thanks." Barry says as Wally hugs Iris.

Everyone congratulates them. Barry puts me down.
"This is this is fantastic. Well done, Joe." HR says. "Congratulations."
"Dad, say something, please." Iris says.
"My baby girl." Joe says, walking over to her. "You have grown into a beautiful woman. You're marrying the best man I know. You two bring me nothing but joy." Joe says. "I'm so happy for you."
"Okay. This cuteness right here, I cannot --" Cisco says, hugging Barry. "Congrats."
"Thanks, man." Barry says.
"And speaking of, um, best man..." Barry starts.