T W E N T Y

————————————

(Talon's P.O.V.)

"You know, I'm curious to know why any Alpha wolf would keep a kid that wasn't theirs then take in two more?" Connor taunted openly. "Cause if it was me, I would have had a little fun with 'em before selling 'em off to the next pack for a pretty penny."

Gregory laughed and I noticed something flash in his eyes, like Connor's did.

"I'm certain, judging by how these little shits are crying and whimpering like babies, that no one wants to get hurt. Or am I wrong?" Gregory licked his lips as he ran the tips of his fingers across Milo's cheek, down his neck, stopping at his collarbone.

I heard Brennan growl from the other side of the opening and before I could tell him to stop, he was heading towards Connor and Gregory.

In the background I saw my Father grabbing Hanna and giving her to Luca so he could get her to safety.

As soon as Luca and Hanna were out of sight, Brennan lunged at Gregory before he had time to react.

They both went down hard to the ground, growling and snapping at each other.

"Papa! Brennan! Please, help!" Milo pleaded helplessly as he and Jamie were being dragged away behind Connor through the woods.

"Go. We've got them, son," my Father urged.

I took off after Connor, knowing that Luca and my Father would keep Hanna and Brennan safe while they decided what to do with Gregory.

I couldn't let Connor get away with hurting my family. If anyone was going to get hurt, it was him.

And there was only one reason why Connor would be heading North through the woods, was a small drop off at the end of the trees, leading down to a freshwater river.

It would all be over if I didn't reach Connor it time before he used the river to his advantage.

I knew Jamie couldn't swim very well yet and Milo didn't like deep water at all. They wouldn't survive for long in the cold river if Connor decided to jump in it to get away.

"If you don't stop struggling, I will toss the little shit into the river! Do you understand me!" Connor yelled.

Milo whimpered and stopped his struggling against Connor so Jamie wouldn't get hurt.

I continued silently following closely behind them until they reached the edge of the trees where the small drop off was.

"Don't even think about it!" I growled when Connor pushed Jamie closer to the edge, using Milo as his shield to keep me from attack him.

Connor smirked, his eyes lite up with an evil glint in them. "I wonder who means more to you, Talon. Would you come after me or your pups? Who would you save first? What's more important?"