S I X

(Angel's POV)

It felt good to get to take a shower because I could, not because someone forced me too. I stripped out of my dirty, torn, old dress and stepped into the shower to start the water. The warm water felt good on my cool skin. It was also the first time I had ever taken a warm shower.

Before, the rogue Alpha only allowed me to take cold showers. As I washed my pale body and my long black hair, I thought about taking my time, but I didn't know if I could. After awhile I decided to get out so I could get dressed and see Tal and Jamie again.

Drying off with a big soft towel I grabbed a bath robe that was hanging up and slipped it on. Making sure I was covered up by the bath robe, I took a small step out into the bedroom and noticed that I was alone. Right when I was about to freak out, the door opened and in walked Tal. He was holding a brush and a big bag.

"I brought you a brush and a bag full of any personal things that you might need, along with more clothes too. My sister Rose, she got all this done for you while you were in the shower," Tal grinned brightly as he sat the bag on the bed.

I was grateful for everything that Tal has done for me, but there still was this part of me that was afraid that if I get my hopes up all things will turn out really horribly. Then I noticed that Jamie wasn't in the room.

"Where's Jamie?" I asked Tal while grabbing my new clothes from earlier.

"Rose made lunch for everyone, so I sent Jamie downstairs because it's ready to eat," I nodded my head understanding his answer while I looked at the clothes that Tal had given me.

In the pile of clothes there was a pair of sweat pants, a t-shirt, and socks that belonged to Tal. Then I looked in the bag and saw a bra, underwear, tooth brush, and other personal items. All these things made me want to break down and cry.

When I was with the rogue Alpha I was only allowed to wear long dresses in the house. This would be the first time that I get to wear anything other than a stupid dress. I felt a tear slide down my face as I stood there staring at the clothes.

Tal must have seem the look on my face because he moved quickly to stand in front of me. I had only known this family for about two days and I couldn't get dressed or even walk into their kitchen without being reminded of all those horrible memories or break down crying.

Grabbing my free hand in his, Tal murmured softly, "Why are you crying? What's wrong Angel?"

As more tears came out I spoke up, "Before you saved me, I was only ever allowed to wear dresses around the rogue Alpha's house, sometimes I wore skirts too. No matter how cold or hot it got I wore a dress. There were days where I would go days with wearing the same clothes from the day before," I stopped as a sob racked through my small body.

Tal gently squeezed my hand letting me know it was ok if I didn't want to continue on. My tears still poured down my face as I took a breath in so I could continue on.

"The rogue Alpha said that I was a pathetic, worthless, dirty, whore, who didn't deserve to have nice clean clothes. He told me that I would get new clothes when he wanted me to have them," I felt my heart break at remembering those hurtful words.

"Why did you only wear dresses?" I heard Tal whisper.

This was one question that I was ashamed to answer, but I told him anyways so I wouldn't get hurt. I knew Tal would never hurt me. It was the fear that I held deep down inside that was making me think I was still back there. I took a small step away from Tal, pulling my hand out of his and closed my eyes.