E I G H T E E N

(Brennan's P.O.V.)

Three days after Milo had been in a small sleep like coma, my bite had been strengthening his wolf so his body could heal.

Even though Milo's wounds were healing properly now, Rose said that he still would feel sick from all the malnourishment and pain his body had received.

So now it was my job as his mate, to make sure Milo got plenty of food and water so his body could gain its proper weight back.

He still wasn't ready to meet everybody all at once, but maybe Milo would be up for one or two people at a time.

"Brennan?" I heard a soft voice call out.

I then realized it must be Milo done with his bath. Had it been half an hour already?

"Coming Milo," I replied back gently, knowing the bruises on his ankles made it painful to stand or walk for too long.

I made my way to the bathroom which was in my room and saw Milo struggling to stand up.

Wearing nothing but black sweatpants, I reached for a big towel and wrapped it around Milo's thin body as I effortlessly scooped him out the tub.

When I was sure my mate wouldn't fall, I let him dry the bottom half of his body before helping him slip on a pair my of boxers and blue sweatpants.

The cutest thing was that Milo kept blushing even after I dried his light blond hair and the top half of his body.

Making sure Milo was completely dry, I helped him put on one of my soft colored T-shirts and a sweatshirt; didn't want to risk my love getting worse.

"Are you hungry, love?" I knew that Milo needed to eat something so his body didn't relapse and he ended up getting sick.

"Hmm..." Milo hummed against the side of my left arm as he leaned into me.

"Well, let's go downstairs to the kitchen and see if Angel; or Mama as she word prefer, has lunch ready for us,"

"Kay," he smiled and held my hand tightly as we slowly made our way out our room.

•\•\•\•\•\•

(Tal's P.O.V.)

These past three days have been both stressful and calm.

But I still had this feeling deep down that our calming peace was about to dissipate into thin air.

So my wolf and I were on high alert over our family and pack members.

Now that Brennan and Milo were reunited again, and Milo has been slowly healing; it was time to concentrate on making sure everyone knew what to do if we were attacked.

At the moment I was in the kitchen preparing lunch while Angel sat at the island bar with the pups, drawing pictures together.

Right as I was about to finish with lunch, I smelt two new scents fill the air from the doorway.

Turning my head towards the right I saw Brennan come in and stop a couple of feet away from me, smiling like a dork.

"Brennan, hello! Have you come down for lunch?" I asked casually but also felt very happy.

"Yes, Milo and I are both starved. What did you make that smells so good?" Brennan grinned, patting his shirtless stomach.

It was then that I noticed a small body move out from behind Brennan.

I smiled. It was great that Brennan was able to get Milo to come down here to eat.

"Is it ready to eat?" Milo's quiet voice filled the silence of the kitchen.

"Yes, it's ready. There is mac&cheese and hotdogs, homemade pizza, sloppy joes, and homemade spaghetti you can have. Sit wherever you want, okay."

Pointing out that I didn't care where they sat or what they ate; these two pups are my family now and will be treated as such.

As soon as Angel and I severed the pups and then ourselves, I saw how much more relaxed and happier Brennan was with his mate.

I watched Brennan as he helped Milo with his lunch and then his own.

"Tal?" Setting my plate down I gave Brennan my full attention.

"Yes?"

"Do you know what happened?" I knew what Brennan was asking me without him really having to actually ask.

Rose informed me on all that Milo had seen and heard while he was held captive by the rogue Alpha Mason.

That information had been very helpful to my Father and Luca on getting to know more about Mason and his pack.

They were a smaller pack than us, living on secretly unclaimed territory near Angel's old family pack; a lot closer than we thought to have been.

When Angel's Father had given her to Mason and his pack, he somehow was able to keep them out of the eyes of other packs.

That's how he got away with everything he's done; because part of their deal was to never speak a word of what went on between them.

"Don't worry son. Rose told me what you and Milo explained to her. Now, why don't you both go relax and enjoy your lunch."

They smiled and nodded, heading into the living room to eat and watch TV.

"Daddy," Jamie urged while tugging on my pants leg. "Can Hanna and I go eat with Milo and Brennan?"

"Yes, but be careful with your lunches and behave." Angel sternly looked at the pups as they smiled sheepishly at her.

"Okay Mommy!"

I laughed, watching them scurry off into the living and climbing onto the couch; Hanna sitting next to Brennan and Jamie on the other side next to Milo.

For the rest of the afternoon my family and I all gathered outside to enjoy the sunlight, soft cool breeze, finally being together as one.

For now...