T W E L V E

(Tal's POV)

After several minutes of just laying on my bed, holding Angel in my arms, I heard the front door open downstairs. Not really paying any attention to what was going on downstairs, I continued to comfort my mate until she stopped crying. When Angel finally did stop crying I wiped away her tears from her face and sat up.

"Would you like to go down stairs and get something to eat and see Jamie?" I aksed her softly.

"Yes." I gently pulled her up off the bed and out the door. I could hear footsteps coming down the hall and I waited for the knock I knew I was gonna hear.

"Tal? Can you and Angel come down, there is something you need to see." I heard Luca say from the other side of the door.

"Yeah." We all headed downstairs and I noticed that everyone was in the living together.

"Mommy! Daddy!" I heard Jamie squeal out happily.

Right as he was about to jump up and hug us, it was then that I noticed someone who hadn't been there before. A little girl that looked to be about 4 years old. I was vaguely aware of Jamie saying something to the little girl before she took a shy step forward.

"Hi, I'm Hanna." That's when I heard Angel gasp and look at Hanna with a shocked face like she knew who she was from somewhere.

"Hanna?" I heard my little mate ask.

"Your alive!" Hanna exclaimed loudly before rushing over and hugging my mate.

Coming out of my shock, I looked at my mate, "Angel? How do you both know each other?"

Angel looked up at me and then down at the floor. I knew in my heart just what that meant and it made me realize just how much Angel still hasn't told me and what I don't know about her. Then my Mother spoke up, "Rose, I want you to go upstairs with Jamie and Hanna while your Father and Luca go out patrolling with some pack members."

She turned to me and asked, "Angel, dear, would you like to go into the to eat something and maybe talk a bit?"

Angel simply glanced at her then turned her gaze towards Hanna as if she was trying to stop from reaching out for her. Almost like it's been years since Angel has seen Hanna at all.

"Rose, can you just stay here in the living room instead of going upstairs?" I asked, knowing that's what Angel really wanted. Rose smiled, "Sure."

Grabbing Angel's hand, we followed my Mother into the kitchen to talk. Once in the kitchen Angel ate the food that Jamie and Rose had made for her. "Do you what to talk about it Angel?" I asked her as soon as she was done eating.

"Can we talk about it alone, please?" Angel whispered ever so quietly. "Sure, but you know my family and I would never judge you for what happened," I stated.

"I know. It's just... I feel ashamed and guilty about everything and don't feel comfortable talking about it in front of anyone but you, Tal." She explained and I could see the shame and guilt in her beautiful eyes.

Cupping her face in my hands I wondered, "How long has it been since you've shifted to your wolf?"

"About 6 years."

"Ok. How about I take you outside to the backyard and we both can shift so our wolves can get to know each other. Then we can talk, just you and me," I offered.

"What about Jamie and Hanna?" Angel asked quickly.

"They can come with us and if Jamie and Hanna want to shift they can also." I explained, knowing it was the right time for Jamie and Hanna to take their first shift if they were ready.

Angel simply nodded her head and went to grab Jamie and Hanna from the living room. After telling my Mother that we would be back inside in time for dinner, I led my precious little new family outside for all our wolves to get acquainted with one another. Standing by the door, I waited happily for Angel to come back with Jamie and Hanna.

As I waited, I could hear little feet coming down the hall from the living and I felt my wolf perk up at that. He was very eager to come out and meet his mate and his kids. Before I could even open up the door, Jamie zoomed by, flinging the front door open and running to the front yard with Hanna following behind.

"Jamie! Slow down and wait for the rest of us!" I scolded after him.

Once outside, I smiled when I saw Jamie standing there with a sheepish grin on his little face as he shifted his feet back and forth as he rung his hands in front of him. "Sorry Daddy," Jamie admitted whole-heartedly.

"That's alright buddy. Just be sure you stay where your Mommy and I can see y'all." I compromised so Jamie wouldn't feel upset.

Jamie smiled widely at me before pulling Hanna towards the play set beside the house. Gently grabbing Angel's hand, we followed them in a comfortable silence before we all introduced our wolves to each other. It took only moments for me to shift into my large black wolf, for Jamie to shift into his cute little red pup and then for Hanna to shift into her tannish blonde looking pup.

When I looked for Angel and did not see her, I noticed out of the corner of my eye, a beautiful snow white wolf who was a little smaller than me. After a couples of seconds my wolf then yipped happily at the recognition of the small white wolf being our mate. In the background my wolf and I could hear our pups playing happily.

Feeling insanely happy, I trotted over to my little mate and nuzzled the soft white fur of her neck, breathing in her sweet scent. I could feel a tingling sensation rushing throughout my body as my wolf connected with his mate.

It didn't take long before all our wolves were bounded with one another as a family. Before I knew it, the sun was slowly going down beyond the tree line meaning hunters and rogues could be anywhere around. I needed to get my family home safe before anything bad happened. Quickly lopping over to my mate and pups, I nudged them in the direction of the house seeing as we had a little bit of the forest between us and the pack house.

•|•|•|•|•

(Nicolai's POV)

I felt guilt like no other for how I had snapped at my son's mate. Ever since that happened almost two weeks ago, Tal has not talked to me. They only way to get him to forgive me for what I've done is to apologize and give my blessing to him for finding his mate.

I know Tal understands the way I feel about rogues and the reason why I do but that is still no excuse for how I acted. Once Tal gets back from his family outing I'm going to make up how I acted to him and Angel.