T W O

(Angel's POV)

As I was sleeping I felt someone next to me shaking my shoulder gently.  Without having to open my eyes I could tell by their sent that it wasn't Jamie who was next to me, it was someone else.

"Angel wake up," the voice sounded so familiar to me.

I didn't realize I was having a bad dream and that I was screaming and crying because of it. Feeling like I was still locked in my cage, I bolted upright and took in my surroundings. I was not in my cage anymore like I thought. I was still in the same bed that I was in from yesterday.

"Are you alright Angel?" I looked up to see the same guy that had rescued me; Talon. I could finally see that he had short dark brownish-black hair that was spiked on the top of his head. While his dark blue eyes stared into mine.

"Yes I am now. I must of had a bad dream, but I'm ok for now," I whispered to him trying to hold back my tears.

I felt safer with him here just like I did with Jamie. However, I still couldn't help but still a little scared that I was going to be hit or worse if I spoke without being spoken to first. Talon must have seem the scared look in my eyes because he slowly, but gently, moved forward to grab my hand.

I slightly flinched as his warm skin touched my colder skin. After being being locked in a cage, down in a dark cold basement for 8 years, I had to get used to never being able to stay warm. My wolf liked being near him and was happy that we were safe and free. The feeling of being 'free' was something I never felt before. I suddenly felt tears fall from my eyes like never before.

"Don't cry Angel. You're safe now and have nothing to fear from me because I could never hurt you." Talon told me while whipping away my tears.

Just hearing him say that made me believe and trust him. Maybe this was my chance at a better life. Staying here was a good place to start considering I don't know quite remember what it's like to live a normal life. What is it like to go shopping, out to eat, watch movies, be around people who love you, things like that? Most people would be able to answer all that but I can't because I've never had the chance.

"Mommy why are you sad? Did someone be mean to you?" I heard Jamie asked from beside the bed. Before I could answer him Talon spoke up, "Mommy is just sad because she had a bad dream."

Jamie nodded his head at Talon understanding what he said. Then Jamie came closer to the bed and started smiling like he knew something we didn't.

"Can I draw you a picture Mommy so that you feel better? Then you and Daddy can come play with me too, right?" Jamie asked with hopeful eyes.

"Yeah, you can draw Mommy a picture if you want to and then you can ask her once you're done drawing if she wants to do something," Talon explained to Jamie happily.

I didn't know what to say to at all. I never had anyone want to something for me like that before. By looking at Jamie I could see that from his straight brown hair that came down to his ear and brown eyes that he wasn't blood related to Talon. Talon must of taken in Jamie as his own to raise. It was common for werewolves to take in young pups like Jamie if something happened to their family or pack and they had nowhere else to go.

"Yeah, I'm gonna go color your picture now Mommy so you can feel better and then we can play." Jamie clapped his tiny hands happily before running out the room.

A couple seconds passed by before Talon started getting up to leave the room. I suddenly felt scared of being alone again. I didn't want to be alone anymore I just wanted to feel loved and cared for. I tried to get the words out of my mouth but they wouldn't come out.

I was afraid to ask Talon such an easy question. Even if I had asked him not to leave I don't know if he would have stayed. My wolf didn't want us to go back to how we were living before. So all I did was just sit there and watched as Talon opened the door to leave.

I wanted to tell him not to go, but what if he got angry with me for wanting him to stay and he hurts me after he promised not to. The thought of Talon doing that made my already broken heart shatter more. It's not like he would actually want to be around me. Maybe he was just being nice because of Jamie?

Maybe I wasn't meant to be loved by anyone? No one would want to love or care for me after all that's happened to me for the last 8 years. I could just disappear right now and no one would care or even know. Did anyone ever look for me when I went missing?

Did I having a family, a home to go to? Did I really go missing or was I just given to that rogue Alpha? All these thoughts were floating around in my mind unanswered. I shuffled to the corner of the bed and pulled my legs up to my chest wrapping my arm around them tightly. I buried my face in my knees and cried quietly while rocking back and forth. This was something I did everyday in my cage after I got hit or worse.

"Mommy? Mommy are you ok? Look, see I told you I was gonna make you a picture so you would feel better." Jamie held up a white piece of paper that had a colorful picture on it.

Jamie then pointed to each person that had he drawn explaining who they were to me as soon as I looked up at him. "The first one is Daddy then it's me then the last one is you, Mommy. This should make you feel better so that you can come play with us," Jamie smile at me then at Talon, who just walked in.

Jamie handed me the picture as he climbed on the be next to me and started playing with my long curly black hair. Talon looked at Jamie smiling and then he stared his dark blue eyes into my dark green ones. I knew knew he wanted to say something.

"You don't have to be afraid, no one is going to hurt you while you're here. If you need something or want to do anything you can just ask you won't get yelled at. And you can call me Tal for short too," he trying to make me feel better.

It felt good to be around people who didn't want to hurt, but wanted you to feel safe and secure. I wanted to leave the room, to be able to walk around freely since I wan't aloud to for 8 years. Suddenly my stomach answered for my own question by growling loudly. Jamie giggled from beside as he continued to play with my long hair which was actually calming to me.

"Daddy, Mommy's stomach is talking to us. Oh, can we go eat lunch now I'm hungry too?" Jamie asked excitedly before climbing off the bed.

"Would you like to get something to eat from downstairs with us, Angel?" Tal looked at me for an answer. "Yes please."

Tal held out his big hand for me to take. I slid away from the corner slowly before placing my much smaller hand in his. Tal gently pull me to my feet and once I was steady he let go. This made me freak out and I tried to hold back my tears. I didn't want to be alone, I wanted Tal to stay near me. I let out a small whimper of sadness as my wolf started getting upset too.

"Please to don't let go! I don't want to be alone anymore, I'm scared that something might happen!" A sobbed racked throughout my body and I started shaking.

"Don't cry Mommy. Can I hold your hand?" Jamie whispered to me. As Jamie's tiny hand grabbed mine I felt Tal grab the other and then whispered in my ear. "You never have to be alone or scared again Angel. You can stay here as long as you want."

"Let's make BROWNIES Mommy!" Jamie declared as he started pulling me out the door with Tal following behind closely.