S E V E N

(Angel's POV)

After I had helped Jamie with his food, he told me thank you then went off into the living room and sat down at the coffee table that was in front of the TV. I was really hungry and wanted to eat, but I know what food was made and Tal told me that I could ask any question.

I felt safe enough around Tal and Jamie, but I still felt uneasy around even though they are his family. There are still things about me that I'm afraid to tell Tal about; like how I don't like small spaces or being in a room with a lot of people.

Small spaces and crowds of people remind me of the cage that I spent the last 8 years in. Grabbing a small plate with my small hands, I scooped up some pasta from the pot on the stove and filled my plate with it. It smelled really good and I could tell that it was all homemade and grown fresh.

Then I grabbed some garlic bread and a glass of milk from the counter next to the stove. If it wasn't for Annette, Tal's Mother, telling me what was cooked then I would've never known. To me this was a feast compared to what I got living with the rogue Alpha. As I finished getting my food, I could feel eyes on me and I automatically knew who it was without even turning around. It was Tal. I turned and looked to see him looking at me with emotions I've never known.

Love. Happiness. Joy. Wonder.

Tal coudln't feel these things for me, could he? Maybe he was thinking about his mate? When I thought of Tal having someone else as a mate my wolf whimpered inside. My heart started hurting at the thought. If Tal really did have a mate then why is he helping me? What if Tal is just being nice to me until I'm better? What if he is just waiting for the right time to tell me to leave?

Maybe Tal is believing what his Father said about me? Why did the thought of Tal already having a mate hurt me more than spending 8 years in a cage? But then I realised that I couldn't lose something or someone I never had in the first place. I don't know where I'd go if I couldn't stay here. I couldn't handle being on my own because I don't want to be alone anymore.

Being alone would make me feel scared, sad, unloved, worthless, pathetic, useless, and that's all I felt while living in that awful cage. Then I felt something wet hit my hand. I was crying and didn't even know it. Looking up I could noticed that no one was paying attention to me as I stood in the corner of the kitchen.

Then I heard it. Something that I never wanted to hear again. His voice in my head. I knew it wasn't real because the rogue Alpha couldn't actually talk to me in my head. The rogue Alpha's voice would only pop up in my head when I would be left alone in my cage for days whenever him and his Beta were gone on trips.

I was so broken inside that I became trapped in my own mind. Even though he wasn't their to hurt me I could still feel his touch and hear his voice. It only got worse when the Alpha would came back from his trip and beat me horribly to make up for all the days he was gone.

"Angel... I'm going to make you regret disobeying me. I will find you and make sure that you are locked back up in your cage and hidden where no one can find you." I heard an ice cold voice threaten in my head. My hands started shacking and a sob racked through my body. Luckily I had already set my plate down on the table, but I forgot I still holding my glass of milk in my now, shaking hands.

"NO! No, no, no! Go away! Go away! Leave me alone!" I cried out, my glass of milk shattering on the floor at my bare feet. The kitchen started to feel smaller and smaller around me. My breath became ragged as I coward away in the corner.

"Angel. Love, look at me. You're not there anymore. You're safe here with me, no one is going to hurt you," I heard a soft gentle voice say soothingly to me. It sounded like Tal, but how could he be talking to me if I was back in my cage?