S I X T E E N

(Brennan's P.O.V.)

After washing up and changing into clean clothes, I made my way downstairs where I smelt dinner cooking.

I was trying my best to relax but I couldn't knowing that my mate was missing and I was here, with Tal's pack, safe.

This didn't feel like home without Milo by my side.

My wolf felt sad, angry, alone, he wanted vengeance against those who did wrong to him and his mate.

"Are you okay Brennan? Is something wrong?" I noticed Angel looking at me with concern in her gentle eyes.

"Yes, Luna. I was just thinking about Milo," I answered quickly, keeping my head bowed down, eyes to the kitchen floor.

As Angel was piling various foods on a big plate in front of me, she smiled motherly. "You don't have to call me Luna. I don't mind if you call me Angel, Mum, Mama, or even Auntie, sweetie."

"Umm..." I blushed not knowing if I should be calling my Luna by any of those titles.

Suddenly a big hand was laid on my shoulder, causing me to jump slightly, "You're part of the family now. What are you more comfortable with?"

I looked at Tal who was also smiling, "I like Mama, and if Milo were here I know he would too."

"Yah! We get two new brothers!" Two small voices cheered loudly from the other room.

If this is what it felt like to have a big family where they love you no matter what and don't judge you, it felt amazing.

"Angel, why don't you and the pups go ahead and eat dinner," Tal spoke as he looked between me, Jamie, and Hanna, "While I go see what my Father and Luca found out today," he continued.

I smiled graciously at Angel and Tal and thanked them.

Before I knew it the evening was over and everyone went off to bed.

Once in bed in the spare room I was using, I couldn't for the life of me get comfortable or relaxed.

Not matter how many times I closed my eyes to sleep my wolf wasn't letting me.

My wolf finally started to relax allowing me to get some much needed rest.

But my sleep was cut short when I felt my wolf pushing to get out and shift as sudden pain traveled throughout my body.

•|•|•|•|•

(Tal's P.O.V.)

Angel and I were getting ready for bed when my wolf felt something was wrong. He could feel another wolf shifting in the house, one with the same scent as Brennan.

"Angel, I want you to go be with the pups right now. My wolf is telling me something is wrong with Brennan. I can feel his wolf forcing him to shift so suddenly," I informed my mate as we rolled out of bed, Angel pulling on a robe and me tugging on some sweats.

She kissed my cheek on her way out and headed towards the pups shared room across from ours.

I made my way to Brennan's room down the hall, stopping when I heard a faint scream then a painful whimper.

Not sure how everything was going to turn out, I opened the door anyways.

"Brennan? Brennan, it's Tal," I called out into the dark room curiously.

Flipping the light on I saw a dark silver, black, and white wolf whimpering and whining miserably on the floor in front of the window.

I shifted quickly knowing my wolf wanted to comfort his newest fellow pack mate. I laid down next to Brennan and gently started cleaning his fur as a way to help with the pain.

My wolf didn't want his pup to be in any pain and we knew that cleaning his fur was helping to calm him down just like our presence.

A little while later Brennan started calming down and I could feel his pain slowly sooth away.

We both shifted back and I helped Brennan back into as Jamie and Hanna rushed into the room with Angel following behind.

"What happened Brennan?" Angel wondered while soothingly running her fingers through his black hair.

Leaning into her touch he spoke quietly, his voice scratchy and horse, "I felt immense pain that wasn't my own. I think somehow I was feeling Milo's pain cause it's never happened before. I think something is really wrong, he might be hurt!"

They must really have a strong bond if he can somehow feel his mate's pain.

It was almost as strong as Angel's and I bond, maybe even stronger since we're not mating till the ceremony.

"We're gonna stay here with you until you fall asleep, sweetie," Angel assured Brennan when he started panicking as I got up from his bed to sit in the rocking chair by his window.

Angel and Hanna laid down next to Brennan whilst Jamie crawled onto my lap.

We all stayed with Brennan the rest of the night, keeping him comfortable and safe.

Four days after Brennan showed up at my doorstep asking for help; Luca, my Father, and some Guard Wolves finally had some important information for us.

Brennan was outside playing with Jamie and Hanna while Angel was spending time cooking with Rose and my Mother.

My Father was over reading a letter, that had been sent to a neighboring pack nearby before it was given to a messenger for us to receive, from Mason.

The good thing was that so far he didn't know where my pack was, but that didn't mean that he couldn't find a way.

I had a feeling that Mason is the one that has Milo from the way he kept saying, 'I have someone you want and you have something I want back', in his letter.

He wanted my mate and daughter and was using Milo as bait to set us up.

Somehow, I need to find a way to get Milo without risking the rest of my family and pack in the process.