N I N E T E E N

(Third Person/Author's P.O.V.)

Tal, Luca, Nicolai, and personally hand picked Guard Wolves, kept watchful eye on the family and pack.

While things were quiet, there was still tension in the air.

Most of the pack had left already, choosing to leave before anything bad happened.

Tal made sure that his pack headed to his parents pack house while he stayed with his family and the rest of his pack members.

The day after everyone was given their jobs or duties to follow, Milo wanted to go outside for a little while because he had been cooped up for too long.

Brennan agreed with his mate about getting out of the house.

After informing Tal on what they were doing, Jamie and Hanna decided to tag along and play.

Tal told them they needed to stay within sight of the house, so their scents would still be strong enough to find if they wondered too far.

Angel gathered two backpacks with supplies and handed one to Brennan and the other to Jamie.

Deep down Angel knew why Tal was allowing their pups to go out for the day with all that's going on.

He wanted to make sure that if their pack house was attacked, that their pups were nowhere near the house.

But they did make sure to put two sets of phones in each backpack so they could keep in contact or use the tracking device Tal put in them.

"We'll be back by dinner. Is that okay?" Brennan specified.

"Yes. Just keep those backpacks with you and keep each other safe, no matter what," Tal stressed with his Alpha tone.

Tal didn't know what he would do if he lost his mate or pups.

"Bye Daddy! See you and Mommy for dinner!" Jamie waved happily along with Hanna.

Jamie grabbed Milo's hand with his and Hanna took Brennan's in hers as they left the house.

------

Thirty minutes later Brennan, Milo, Jamie, and Hanna are spread out in the tall grass, still within view of their house, while they relax after playing.

Milo stayed sitting while Brennan played tag with Hanna.

He was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't notice Jamie's presence next to him in the grass.

"Milo, I'm hungry. Do you have something I can eat or snack on?" Jamie winced as his tiny tummy growled.

Milo rummaged around in one of the backpacks near him and pulls out two PB&J sandwiches for them.

"Here you go, Jamie," Milo whispered with a small smile on his face.

Jamie takes one with a big grin on his face too. "Thank you, big brother."

Milo looked at Jamie with tears in his eyes, "You are welcome, little brother."

When a tear rolled down Milo's cheek, Jamie reached up and wiped it away with his small hand. "Why are you crying? Did I make you sad?"

He shook his head at Jamie and smiled, "No, no you didn't. I'm just really happy to be back with my mate and have a family again."

"I'm glad you and Brennan are here now cause I've always wanted big brothers,"

"Me too,"

Brennan smiled at the little talk Jamie and his mate were having.

He was glad Milo was happy here with him and Tal's family.