F O U R T E E N

(Angel's POV)

I held Tal's hand as he helped me out of the car once we had arrived at the spot. I felt a peace rush over me as I walked with Tal and Jamie and Hanna take off to play together. The view was beautiful, with big willow trees standing strong among the oak and cedar trees.

An array of colorful flowers mixed in with the soft green grass, covering the vast space between the trees and around a small creek flowing nearby. It made me feel so relaxed and safe that my wolf wanted me take the chance to talk more about our past to our mate.

"Stay within shouting distance!" Tal announced quickly as Jamie and Hanna shifted.

They yipped happily before scurrying off a few feet away to chase after butterflies fluttering in the air above them. Tal smiled, sitting the picnic basket down on the big soft blanket I has lad out on the grass.

"Tal?"

"Yes, sweetheart?" He asked.

Moving to sit down, Tal made himself comfy across from me. I manage to say, "I think I'm ready to talk more about my past before you decide to ask me anything first."

"Of course. Whatever you are ready to fully tell me about." Tal smiled widely while holding my hands gently in his. There wasn't much I remember of my family after I ended up with the rogue Alpha, but I knew that I should tell Tal as much as I could.

"Well, as far as I could keep up with the days, I came up with me being with 'Him' about 8 years. I was 12 from what I remember and my family was poor, the pack slowly crumbling to the ground. My father decided that all the children under 15, should be sent to neighboring packs to stay with until everything got better. Only so many children could be sent to each pack within the area." I paused when Tal handed me a cup of sweet tea. I took a sip to sooth my dry throat, Tal watching me intently with curious dark blue eyes.

"It took about a month before all the children could come back home. But the only reason they could was that my father had borrowed enough money from a not-so good pack so he could save his. Part of receiving the money from that pack, was my father had to give them something in return." I finally realized as I was talking about my past what I actually remembered.

The memories were painful enough for me, that it led me to barry them in the back of my mind so I wouldn't remember. Tal gently grabbed my hands in his from where sat, his thumbs running soothingly across the back of my hands.

"So the pack your father borrowed money from... that... was the rogue Alpha's pack? And that's how you ended up there, right? Your father gave you to that pack as part of the deal so he wouldn't owe them?" Tal asked what I didn't want to remember or say about my family. I moved closer to Tal when he wrapped his arms around my waist, laying us down as he hugged me close so I curl up against his side.

"Garrett was the Alpha of that pack my father gave me to and he had a son named Mason, who was year older than me. After my father gave me away, I never saw him or my family again like I thought I would. Up until I was 14 the abuse wasn't as bad, but when Garrett passed away, leaving Mason to take over, the beatings got worse. That's when the touching became sexual by Mason and a little from his Beta, Connor."

"Mason then started to rape me at that time and I ended up having Hanna at 16. After she was born I was only allowed to see Hanna when she needed feeding or became fussy and had to be put back to bed. He had ordered Connor to make sure those were the only times I saw her as a baby and then as she got older I had to be very good to see her at all." I felt heartbroken at being forced to miss so much of my daughter's four year life. Tal just hugged me tightly as I cried a little in his warm chest.

"They kept Hanna away from you and as your reward for being good and listening; was seeing her. The only reason you never fought back or tried to get away was because you were protecting your child, Angel. You were doing what you thought was right. None of it, is your fault. I will make sure they pay for what happened to you." Tal promised gently; truth, honor, and love flashing through his eyes. My mind, body, and soul felt so much more relaxed and at ease from telling Tal more about my past.

•|•|•|•|•

(Tal's POV)

After listening to Angel talk more about her past I realized just how unloving and cruel some packs and families can be. "Jamie! Hanna! Come on pups, lets eat!" I called out when I saw them rolling around in the soft green grass by the small creek.

They both lopped through the grass, barking happily as the food came into view. They shifted quickly, rushing over to the blanket where Angel and I sat with the food.

"Look what I found Mommy!" Jamie exclaimed happily, holding up a handful of colorful wild flowers.

Angel smiled happily, "Thank you Jamie," she laughed as he put several flowers in her beautiful hair. Seeing what Jamie was doing to Angel's hair, Hanna smiled widely at me, holding up a flower in each hand.

"My turn! I wanna make Daddy pretty like Mommy!" I laughed, leaning forward enough so Hanna could put a flower behind each ear. It amazed me how Angel could smile and laugh with our pups after what she had talked about from her past.

"You guys ready to eat now?" I asked while grabbing the basket and pulling out different items. There was chips, sandwiches, grapes, crackers and cheese, apple slices, cookies, peaches, chocolate, and sweet tea. For the next hour and a half we ate, laughed, talked, having a great time as a family together.

"Daddy we're tired," Jamie yawned tiredly.

"You both can lay down and take a nap while your Mommy and I talk some more then we'll go home." I smiled as they both lay comfortably between us.

Angel looked lovely at our pups, "Rose said something to me before we left about you wanting to talk with me about the pack?"

"Yes I did. It's the time of year where we celebrate our family get-together and ceremony for when Alpha hands down his title to his heir," I explained.

"So it's for us, then? That's when I'll get to meet the whole pack? When are your parents planning it for?"

My heart swelled with pride for how well she was taking this. "It is for us and the pups. I'll introduce you to the whole Red Harlow pack. You can meet them before the ceremony or during, whatever is better for you."

Angel eyes twinkled at the thought of meeting the pack, "I would like to meet them before. If that's ok?"

"We can have set it up for at the family get-together," I agreed along with my wolf who was overly excited for it.