The Bastards Smirk

Riders P.O.V

When Maddie-May admitted at that party that she was going to play me and Carter off, I didn’t have any words. I was quite shocked to be honest. Before this even happened a couple years back me and Carter admitted that we both had feelings for Maddie and we would forget all about them until she discovered she had feelings for one of us.

We knew that she would have feelings for one of us or even both. I mean come on many girls can’t resist us so why would Maddie? She grew up with us and one day she was going to fall for the charm. I guess that’s why we never let her date anyone or let anyone go near her. She was our girl. Nobody else’s.

Now that she has fallen for the charm, I and Carter decided that we would let her figure her feelings out for herself. Of course were going to take her out on dates and that but that’s just to see who she’s going to fall for. Of course it will be me.

When Carter asked her out on a date in front of anyone I was pretty devastated. I can’t even describe my feelings for it. It was like a knot formed in my stomach and no words would come out of my mouth. Sure I’m pretty pissed and angry about it but I guess he’s just following the plan.

But when Maddie collapsed in to his arms I’m pretty sure that my anger increased.

Maddie-May’s P.O.V –

Beep… Beep… Beep…

What the fuck is that noise?

Beep… Beep…

“Look guys she’s coming round!” Someone says.

Ugh. Can’t they quieten down a bit? My heads pounding a million times a minute and yet there shouting. My body starts to wake up from the deep sleep I’ve been in and my eyes flutter open to be blinded by a bright light.

“Maddie! Thank god you’re okay!” Another voice says.

Once finally coming to my senses and looking around the room I notice that I’m in a hospital room. Rider, Carter, Blake, Control, Daphene and Tanya surround the bed giving me worried and sympathetic looks.

“Water” I croak out.

Rider gently places the glass of water to my mouth and I gulp the whole drink out. He gently smiles at me and removes the glass from my mouth. He reaches out and his thumb gently grazes across my chin removing the excess water that had dripped down. My cheeks flame up and I’m pretty sure that butterflies just erupted in my stomach.

“Guys what happened?” I ask them.

Carter grimaces “Do you remember being at the football game and I asked you to come a date with me and you met me at the bottom of the bleachers?” I nod recalling the events in my head “Well you was just about to give me your answer and you passed out”

“Oh yeah now I remember. Do you know why I passed out? How long have I been here for?” I question to them.

“We actually don’t know. The doctor cannot give us that information unless it’s the patient’s family or the patient themselves. You’ve been passed out for two days and I’ll go get the doctor so he can tell you” Daphene informs me and then leaves the room.

“Who did this to you?” Tanya questions.

I’m hesitant to answer the question. Don’t get me wrong I want to grass the twins up but I don’t want to cause more trouble. What if they were to come back and beat me up again? Wow. There’s me actually admitting that I’m afraid of two girls. Well, wouldn’t you be if it was you? Especially since they managed to put you in hospital.

“Just tell us Maddie-May. We can make this all better” Control whispers.

I look at how intrigued they all are just to find out who it is. Maybe if I do tell them then the twins may leave me alone. Just as I’m about to give them an answer the doctor comes in, interrupting our conversation.

“How you feeling Maddie-May?” Doc asks.

“I’m feeling fine thanks apart from a headache” I tell him honestly.

“Hmm. Well we’ve got antibiotics running through your drip so your headache should ease up soon. Can you tell me if you have any pain in your side?” He says.

“No. The pain isn’t that bad anymore. Can you tell me why I passed out please?” I say looking at him expectantly.

“Well I don’t know what you went through before your football game but from examination you passed out from a broken rib. The pain must have been too much for you and that’s what made you pass out. By looking at the injury we was able to tell that you had been stomped on at your side which broke your rib. Was you attacked before the football game?” He asks looking curious.

I simply nod because the information is still processing in my mind. The twins managed to break my rib? Well someone’s got man hands and man feet.

“Do you want me to call the police?” Doc asks.

I shake my head. There’s no point. Once Daphene and Tanya find out there is going to be trouble for the twins.

“Ok well I will leave you with your friends. Take it easy and don’t play no sports for the next few weeks. Also take pain killers whenever you need them but only two every four hours. You should be able to leave soon.” Doc smiles then starts to leave the room.

“Thanks doc!” I say.

The room goes silent once the doctor leaves. Carter and Rider look pretty pissed off. Control is texting away on his phone, frown lines are evident on his forehead. Blake sends me a small smile then looks in a different direction. Tanya and Daphene both look at me as if they’re waiting for me to tell them who did it.

“Who did it Maddie-May?” Carter grits out.

"It was the twins. They threatened me and managed to beat me up in the bathrooms at school just before the game” I tell them.

Rider’s hands ball up in to big fists. I gently put my hand over one of them to try and calm him down. His head shoots towards mine and I smile towards him. His fist releases then he holds my hand. Sending me a small smile he turns towards Tanya and Daphene.

"You four go find them. Tanya and Daphene, do me a favour? Punch them in the face for me?” He says too Control, Blake and the girls.

“Gladly” Daphene smirks, then they all leave the room.

The room fill with an awkward silence when it’s just us three. Man I could eat Taco Bell right now. Random. I know.

“Guys. I’m sorry for what I did on the night of my party. I recently found out that I had a crush on you both and I thought maybe if I play you both off, I will find out who I will like the most. I realize that is wrong of me and I’m sorry.” I say blushing.

Both of their heads whip towards mine and at the same time they smirk. Bastards. Are they doing this on purpose?

“Don’t worry Maddie-May. We knew this was going to happen at some point” Carter laughs.

“Wait. You knew I was going to fall for you both?” I asks shocked.

Rider grins “We didn’t know if you was going to fall for both of us but we did know that you was going to fall for one of us. Come on Maddie you was going to fall for the charm at some point”

I smile “So you’re not mad at what I did?”

“No we are pretty happy about it. We finally got to you kiss you. We have to admit that we both have a crush on you two” Carter wiggles his eyebrows making me laugh.

“So what are we going to do?” I ask.

“Well were going to let you choose who you want in the end. We’re going to take you out on dates and help you find out who you like the most. Before you ask, me and Carter have agreed on this and were okay with each other taking you out.” Rider says.

"You guys are amazing. You know that right?” I smile.

“We know Maddie” Carter smirks.

“And we know that you cannot resist the charm” Rider smirks.