Sweet Dreams Beautiful

After being released from hospital I was told to stay off school and recover. Yeah I may have spent that week recovering but it also gave me time to figure out my thoughts about Carter and Rider. I’m really happy that they both decided to give me a chance and their actually more relaxed about the whole situation than I thought they were going to be. I do feel wrong for playing both of them but feelings are more complicated for girls. Right? I just hope that through this whole journey that we have started and we are going to finish, that they stay friends and not let me come between them. Most of all I hope we all stay really close.

Do you remember when the video was broadcasted in the lunch room about me confessing that I was going to play both Carter and Rider? Well Carter and Rider did try and find out who broadcasted it but they had no luck. Apparently it was some kind of connection with the twins. Which I don’t understand. When Daphene and Tanya cornered them both about putting me in hospital they confessed that they had something to do with that. They now sport black eyes and bust lips.

Even though these were some of the things that have happened in my week off school I had also managed to confront Rider about what happened in the diner. I had asked him questions on why he hated my brother so much and what this so called promise was to someone. He had looked at me with disgust then stormed out of my bedroom. That happened on the Friday and now it’s the Monday and we still haven’t talked.

We both share the same first period and here we are sitting next to each other saying nothing. Normally we have a joke about and he always has something to talk about. I did try and have a conversation with him by saying a simple ‘hey’ but was ignored. I’m not going to make the effort to talk to him when I did nothing wrong and was asking him a simple question. If he’s going to give me the silent treatment then that’s what he’s going to get in return.

The bell for the end of first period rings and before I can even get up from my chair, Rider has already stormed out of the room. Sighing I gather my belongings and make my way to the crowded hallway. I say a few polite ‘heys’ to students in the hallway before an arms slings across my shoulder.

“Are you a parking ticket? Because you’ve got fine written all over you.” Carter grins down at me.

Laughing I elbow him in the stomach “That’s not going to work on me player. Like I’ve told you many of times before your pick up lines don’t work on me”

He chuckles and presses a light kiss on my head “A guy can try right? Anyways have you and Rider talked yet?”

I roll my eyes “Does it look like we have?”

“Woah calm down there Nibbles, I was only asking. I don’t know what has exactly happened between you two but I will talk too Rider. To me you’re both taking this whole situation over the top. You both need to brush it off and swipe it under the carpet” He says.

It is true what he says. It is just a petty argument but I do want my answers. I hate being left in the dark for too long. If Rider just gives me the answers then everything will be okay. We will be able to do what Carter says and that’s swipe it under the carpet.

Carter and I reach my second period class. He stands outside with me waiting for the second bell to ring. He doesn’t say anything but just stares at me.

“What?” I huff out.

“Just admiring the beauty” He smirks.

I smack his arm with a little force “Stop it and keep your thoughts to yourself.”

He mocks a hurt face “That hurt Maddie. Anyways you never gave me an answer”

“An answer to what?” I asked confused.