Heart or head?

Ever had a nightmare and you think that when you wake up everything's going to be okay? But as soon as you wake up, you realize that the nightmare wasn't the imagination of your mind it was actually your life.

In your nightmare you suddenly become something that your not in reality. It's like superman having two identities. One of them you have the power to claw at the demons but the other identity you have no idea how to face them or what to do.

That was my life. Expect one thing. I was living the nightmare. It was reality.

Somebody was trying to kill me and no matter what I was trying to do they always came back stronger. I tried ignoring them, I tried to protect myself and I even told the people who were close to me about my own demon.

But it didn't work. They were out for revenge and no matter how much I tried I was the target.

The reality of this all was that I was the weak one.

...

Beep.. beep..

I was slowly coming round. My head banged, my lungs felt closed up and my body felt dirty.

"Look guys she's coming round" Someone in the distance says.

As I start to gather more of my senses, my eyelids start to flutter and I'm instantly met with a bright light.

"Water and light" I croak out.

There's shuffling around the room and the light goes off. My eyes blink the water away and a cold glass reaches my lips. The coldness of the water reaches the back off my throat and instantly I want more. The coolness of the water takes the burn off my throat making it feel better. After finishing my water I look around the room.

Rider, Carter, Daphene, Blake, Control and Tanya occupy the room. They all look tired and worn out.

"Rider" I whisper.

He slowly leaves his chair and moves his way towards me. He grabs my hand and gives it a soft squeeze.

"Maddie. Shortie-pie. You're going to be okay" He gently says.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Don't your remember?" He says.

I shake my head and Daphene let's out a chocked sob.

Blake comforts her "Shh. They said that this would happen. She will remember it when the time comes"

Rider says "We had all gone out because you slept in. We wanted to explore London some more. When we came back the house was on fire. You were trapped in the house. We had to get you out of the house before you died"

After hearing what he said all the memories of the event came rushing back to me. I remember leaving the balcony door open, getting the text message and then waking up to smoke invading the room.

"You saved me, didn't you?" I smile.

He smiles back at me "I did. I couldn't let you die on me"

Rider had took the risk and saved my life. He knew that he could have died and he came to save me. Sure I admit that Riders been a dick to me in the past but I think he's the guy.

My heart was saying go with Rider but my mind was saying 'What about Carter'. I loved Carter but Rider is always going to be that little more special.

"Rider it's you. I, I choose you" I tell him.

He beams back at me "I love you Shortie-Pie. Always have done and always will do"

Carter jumps up from his chair and trows it across the room. He looks back at me with a defeated look across his face and storms out of the room.