A single red rose

• Dedicated to For everyone reading;D

It would be a total lie if I were to say that I didn't enjoy Carter's date. I never imagined that my first date would be like that, I honestly expected it too be all cliche. You know, the whole dinner date and movie. But I'm glad that it wasn't because I got to see another side to Carter that night. I got to see the romantic and loving side. Although I'm pretty sure that I crushed him when I said that I couldn't reply to the 'I love you'. 

If Carter's date was like that then I wonder what Rider's date would be like. 

I had gone to school today with the biggest smile on my face. All because of Carter. I was hoping to see Carter and Rider to thank them both for what they did yesterday but they were nowhere to be seen. So I carried on with the day as normal.

"So come on then spill all juicy details about the date then" Tanya says smirking at me. 

"To be honest it was the best frist date. It was on a clifftop, under the stars, with dinner and a dance. It was so romantic" I gush. 

"Aww! That sounds so cute. Why cant I have someone like that?" Daphene says joining the conversation. 

"I agree with you but it would be so much hotter if it was a girl" Tanya grins. 

"You guys will find someone soon. I can tell" I tell them. 

They both grin at me and continue eating their lunch with some small chatter. My eyes scan the cafeteria trying to find Carter and Rider but there was no luck. I hope that everything is okay with them.

Daphene's chair screeches against the floor catching my attention and then she's running off. 

"What's up with her?" I ask Tanya. 

"Not entirely sure. Every time she has something to eat she runs off to the toilet too throw it all back up. Might be some bug"

"Hmm... Unlucky her"

Daphene has never been ill in her life. Never mind getting a bug! Our cheerleader coach was always on about her cheerleaders being the healthiest out there. That meant eating healthy and working out a lot. Daphene was the captain and received most of the stick for it. So for her to be ill is weird and unusual. I honestly think that there's more to this. 

Daphene returns to the table more paler than usual. I pass her my fruit pot and a bottle of water. Hopefully that might make her feel a bit better. 

"All this illness and cute mushy stuff is getting too me. We need something that's going to be fun" Tanya says. 

I look at her "Like what?"

"Well we could go prom shopping tonight?" Daphene asks. 

Prom was in a couple of weeks and I was looking forward too it. It was Sadie Hawkins, which meant that I could find any fittie and ask them out. But I don't even know who to ask yet. 

"Yeah we can do that but I was thinking more like a bet" Tanya says. 

"What bet?" I ask. 

"I bet you both 20$ that Rider's date is a lot more better than Carter" She says with a full blown grin. 

"Your on but you know team Carter is going to win" Daphene says smirking. 

They both look at me expectantly "I'm not getting involved.. You know that this isn't right"

Tanya frowns "Oh come on Maddie, it's only a bit of fun. Plus nobody else will find out about it. It will just be between me, you and Daphene. So team Carter or team Rider?"

I give in "Fine. I say that Carter's date is alot better than Riders"

A big crash to the cafeteria's floor makes me jump. I instantly look at the place where the noise came from. Rider was currently storming out of the cafeteria, leaving the football team standing there. There they stood in a row with letters on there t-shirts saying "Go on a date with me?"