Chapter 5

Shawn's P.O.V

Samantha's been gone all weekend and I miss her. It's Monday and she comes home today, but I can't focus because of her coming home.

"Shawn, where's your singing partner?" Mr. Bart asks.

"She's in LA for a modeling shoot and has been since Friday night." I explain.

"He's out of it because she comes back to his house today." Tyler laughs.

"She lives with you?" A kid asks.

"Yeah, she's from Nebraska and we started dating in July, but her brother who watches her had to go back because of an incident, which she doesn't yet know about and she can't go back home. My mom loves her, so she's been staying here with me. She's gonna be here till at least December, but I'm not sure about after that."

"Wait, I won't have her next year?"

"No, probably not. She does have to go back home at some point." I mention and now that I think about it, I'm gonna miss her so much.

"Well you'll see her later, so cheer up." I nod and I see a girl walk into the class.

"Um, I was told to bring this to Shawn." She says and I raise my hand she walks over and hands me a package.

"Tell Sammy that I need her to come back to practices because coach is killing us."

"I will." I smile and look at the package. It's a uniform for soccer and an envelope. I put it to the side of my desk and go back to writing music.

While Sammy was in LA I got a call from my manager saying I need to fly down there and start producing music. I'm trying to write, but I'm stumped. I have a few lyrics, but I can't get where they need to go. It's a song for Sammy, so I just need to stop thinking the words are stupid and stick with it. They also want me to do a duet with Sammy because they loved the youtube cover we did. I said I would talk to her about it, but it would probably be a yes. I really need to see her so I can get some inspiration for this song.

//////////////////////////////////

"Mom, Sammy is probably waiting for us at the airport." I'm standing at the door trying to get her to hurry up.

"Shawn go wait for me in the car, I have to get my keys and my bag." I walk out and sit shotgun. She eventually walks out and we drive to the airport. I have been waiting to see her all day. My mom parks in a spot and I jump out.

"Shawn calm down, it's been three days."

"Yeah, three days without the person I'm always with." I laugh as we walk into the airport. We wait by the area people walk out and whatever and I stand by her terminal with my mom. I see a flash of ombré hair and I know it's her. She sees me and darts at me. I catch her and spin us around. I place her down and she looks at me and holds up a magazine. It's her.

"When did this happen?"

"Friday before I got on the plane to LA. I had to buy it and show it to you and I have to save it to show Jack when I see him."

"I'm so happy to see you." I hug her again and my mom stands up and brings Sammy into a hug.

"Mama, look."

"Well look at that, my little munchkin is on a magazine."

"They have a whole section of me and I may or may not freaked out."

"I bet you did sweetie." We all head home and when we get there Sammy comes upstairs with me.

"This was given to me to give to you. A girl with long blonde hair also told me to get back to practice because coach is killing you guys."

"That's Rina, my friend." She opens the letter and starts reading it.

"What does it say?"

"It says the schedule for games and a list of rules. It's also a thing saying I better have been training when I missed these two practice."

"Well did you train?"

"Not necessarily. I went on a run with Nash and Cam and that was a nice two mile run."

"Well enough about training, what did you do in LA?"

"I went to dinner with Cindy, Nash, and Cam on Friday night. Saturday I went to the Brandy thing and after that I went to a Panera and ate lunch before I went to the other shoot. Sunday is when I just slept and I went for the run and stuff. I also filmed a video with Nash and Cam. Then today I had the shoot and it was with another male model, but he wasn't an annoying flirt. He was actually really nice and respectful. Apparently he has a girlfriend who lives back in his hometown who he misses a lot. I was talking to him for a while and he said he also played soccer when he was younger. And most importantly I'm here now, with you." She leans in and kisses me.

"Well it's nice to hear you had fun, but you weren't the only one."

"Oh really? What did you do?"

"I got a call from my manager saying I have to fly to New York to work on music and stuff and they also want me to sing a duet with you."

"I would love to, but are you gonna be there for my soccer game?"

"Yes don't worry it's not till the twenty-ninth."

"Good, I want you there."

"Well I want to be there." She smiles, but her face drops when she looks at my calendar. She looks at the date and looks shocked.

"Babe, are you okay?"

"Not really, my game is on Jack's birthday. Not to mention you have to call Cameron it's also his birthday."

"I already told Cam happy birthday." I assure her.

"I'm missing my big brothers eighteenth birthday." She takes a seat next to me and her face drops.

"Sammy, we can face time him."

"It's not the same."

"I understand, come here." I pulls her close to me but our phones going off ruins the moment. I read the text and it's a pic of Sam all beat up with a nasty cut that really just not appealing to look at. Jack texted the words 'this dipsh*t can't not get into trouble lmao, see you at the party'.

"I'm gonna go sit outside." Samantha gets up and I can see she's hurt. I call Jack immediately.

"Hey what's up?"

"Dude, I think you sent the text to a wrong group of people." It's quiet for a minute and I hear a groan.

"Did Sammy see that?"

"You bet she did, I'm letting her cool down because she's pissed. She was just crying about missing your birthday and saw that."

"Can you put her on the phone?"

"I'll try." I walk downstairs and outside and she's sitting with her feet in the pool.

Jack's P.O.V

"Can you just go away, I'm not gonna do anything. I just want to be alone." I hear her small voice say in the background.

"Please, just go away Shawn. I'm just upset because he seemed like he was gonna stop partying and being dumb. Especially Sammy, he heard me crying about how I hate Jack going out and leaving me and he told me he wouldn't, but he lied. They both lied and worst of all I'm crying and missing them, but they're having the time of their lives. I'm here in a different country where I miss the most influential people in my life and they're out not having a problem because they don't have me. They especially wouldn't care if I was gone, they'd probably be happy if I were to jump in this damn pool and die." Oh my god, what did I do.

"I got to go make sure your sister doesn't kill herself, have fun partying." Shawn hangs up and I just pull over.