Chapter 10

Samantha's P.O.V

I'm sitting in my bed and Sammy is with me. Jack is at the hotel and is showering and getting a change of clothes. I've been in the hospital for two days and my doctor said he's actually going to let me go back home in two days because he wants the stitches out earlier. They actually put in colored stitches and they put a baby blue since they didn't have maroon. The cuts aren't really big, there is just three small incisions around my knee near my thigh area.

"So, me and Jack have to go back to Nebraska soon." Sammy says in a soft voice.

"I know, I knew this was gonna happen eventually."

"Well we do have to make sure everything is going smooth so it's great for everyone."

"I understand."

"Thanks." He smiles and I smile back.

"So I talked to Craig and he said that since I am hurt they will pause my contract till I can walk on my own and I'm fine."

"That's great, I know you were upset. Shawn told us how you were panicking about that."

"Yeah, well what would you do if someone told you that you wouldn't be able to play basketball. You'd be flipping out and you know it."

"He actually would." Jack walks in and Sammy gets up. Jack takes his place and I lean onto him.

"Did you tell her when we are leaving?" Jack asks Sam.

"No, I just told little bug we have to go back soon."

"Well I really wish we could stay because I love you with all my heart, but we have to leave today." Jack looks at me and I give him a fake smile.

"I understand, when are you going?"

"Our plane takes off in an hour, so we have to leave soon." He says slowly trying to lighten the blow.

"Yeah, we'll see you soon don't worry. We have a magcon in October." I nod as Jack stands up.

"I love you. You stay out of trouble and you don't do anything stupid. You keep your grades up and you don't push it with your knee. I need you to be strong and be patient, be the girl I know you are. I love you." Jack tells me while holding my hand.

"Well bug, he already got to say the good things but really everything he said and I watched the video of you playing. It was fantastic, we might have not been there, but we saw how great you played. I couldn't be prouder."

"We love you." They blow a bunch of kisses as they walk away and out of the door.

"I love you more."

//////////////////////////////

"You get to go home missy." My nurse laughs and I lift my head off of Shawn's chest.

"So, we have some things for you to know. First you must use crutches for a month, then doctor wants to see you again. Then he'll determine how long the brace stays on for." I nod as she starts to take some braces from their plastic wrappings.

"So this big one is for crutching around and for day time. You wear it after you shower in the morning and you wear it till before bed. It has a certain degree the doctor will set it to after you are dressed in your clothes. Next is this one." She pulls out a small light knee brace similar to the ones at CVS.

"You will wear this to bed, just to make sure everything is okay."

"Okay." I nod at her.

"So you need to get changed so lover boy. Get lost, we'll get you when she's dressed." Shawn kisses my forehead and walk out of the room. She shuts the door and closes the little divider curtain before coming back over to me.