Chapter 6

Jack's P.O.V

"Dude, why did you pull over?" Sammy asks from the passenger seat.

"I think I need to go back to your house."

"Why?"

"I can't go out tonight and neither can you." He gives me a confused look as I turn the car around.

"Jack, what the hell is going on?"

"Samantha." I say her name and he stops speaking and picks up his phone. He clicks on her contact and it goes to voicemail. I get to his place and we both walk into his house. He goes to the living room and I go upstairs to Sammy's room. I look around at the neat and dim room. I take a seat on her bed and I look around. I see a frame with a note hung up on her wall.

'Mommy will love you forever, no matter what.' It's a note from our mother. I look around some more and I see a bunch of notes in frames. There is one that sticks out to me though. It's not from anyone and it's not in a frame. It's lying under a music box and it's in her hand writing.

'Well your name is Samantha Kay Gilinsky and you don't have parents who love you. You do have a brother named Jack Finnegan Gilinsky and he means the world to you. He plays basketball and has this dumb friend who pisses you off all the time. He also has a friend named Samuel Howard Wilkinson and he means everything to you as well. They are all you have, but you don't need a crazy amount of things to make you happy, right? I hope so because all I want is to be happy and I don't have much, so I hope two people is enough. You are a child living in a nightmare, but you're trying to make it a regular dream with princesses and fairies, only thing is you have a difficult doing so. That's why you have to take a lot of medicine and go to doctors every few months. I know you want to be happy but you were born without that capability and that's why you take these medicines. This is also the reason your parents don't love you. They wanted another kid like Jack. They wanted a kid who could be happy without help. You wish you are Jack, you just want a mom and a dad who love you. That's all you want in life. The only issue is, it can't happen. It most likely won't ever happen, so you look up to Jack and Sam. They are in turn the loving parents you never had. You wonder what happens when they're not loving you anymore and it scared you. It still scares you because your aspiration in life isn't to be famous or to be a doctor, it's to be happy. So you have to go and put on your big girl pants, take your medicine and pray you'll be happy someday. You cannot, I mean cannot do anything to harm that happiness along this path. You mustn't do what's easiest. Don't, don't run away because you never know if happiness was gonna happen any second later. Now go and have a great day.'

"Man, you okay?" Sammy asks while taking a seat next to me. I wipe the tears away from my eyes and I hand him the note.

"I sent her the picture of you by accident and she was just worrying about me and her missing my birthday, and she got really angry by what Shawn told me. He walked downstairs and she told him to go away followed by a string of depressing sentences and she said how she thought we would rather her just jump into Shawn's pool and drown. That's when Shawn hung up and I pulled the car over. I came up here and saw all the little notes but that one was tucked under a jewelry box."

"Is she okay?"

"I don't know, but I now know that she wants to be me because I have parents who love me. I tried my hardest to make sure she wouldn't feel that way, and I failed. I failed at helping my baby sister. She just wants to be happy." I sob. I haven't cried like this since my parents got a divorce. I sober up and I put the note in my pocket.

"Where are you going?" Sammy asks.

"I need air." I walk outside and I walk to where my house used to be. I take a seat on the curb and I face the land. She's gonna be even more upset when she hears what happened. I can't believe this would happen, but it did.