Chapter 19

Samantha's P.O.V

"I think the guys are in one of the rooms, I'll call them." Shawn says as we stand in the lobby to the hotel.

"Yeah, be there in a minute." He starts walking and I follow. He's been acting off since last night and I don't know why. Just really distant and that's not like him. He presses the top floor and we go there. We walk into one of the rooms and everyone seems to be in there.

"Look who finally got here." Matt laughs and Jack turns around. He gets up and walks over to me bringing me into a huge hug.

"Hey, I don't think ever showed you this, but I need to." I lift up the magazine from the beginning of September with me on it.

"Yeah, must've slipped your mind because being on a magazine doesn't mean anything." He laughs and Sammy comes over.

"Hey bug." Sam hugs me and eventually let's go.

"Hey guys." I say to everyone else.

"What room am I in?" I ask to nobody in particular.

"You got stuck babysitting." Nash smiles and I just give him a look.

"And that means?"

"You watch my sister.

"You have a sister?" I ask him and he nods.

"So I'm in charge of a little kids life?"

"Yeah, so don't have her killed." Nash laughs and so does everyone else.

"Okay, lead the way to the child." Nash gets up and I follow him with my bags.

"So my sister is five. She's a good kid you'll be fine. Just watch for her, if she sees something involving a pony she will run toward it." Nash laughs and opens the door revealing Hayes.

"Hey Hayes."

"Best friend, whose saving me." He comes over to me and hugs me before walking out.

"Skylynn, this is my friend Sammy. She's gonna watch you for a little while." The little girl with blonde hair nods vigorously.

"Is she nice?" She says sassily and I laugh.

"She's also really sassy, so have fun." Hayes shouts.

"Yes, she's really really nice."

"Okay, I trust you."

"Okay." He nods and turns to me.

"Just get settled in then come back to the room we were just in." I nod and he leaves me with the five year old.

"Hello, I'm Sammy." I smile while sitting next to her.

"I know, do you like playing with ponies?" She hold up little figures and I smile.

"Sure, how about I change into a different outfit and put some clothes away then we can play?"

"Okay." She drags out the last syllable and I nod. I put away my clothes really quick and I take out a navy blue circle skirt and a long sleeved white and navy striped long sleeved shirt that's a light material. I walk into the bathroom and I change before putting my knee brace back on. I walk out and Skylynn is in the same place I left her.

"What do you like to do?" She asks me.

"Well I like to play soccer and sing. I also like to dance."

"Do you have a boyfriend?" She asks and I laugh.

"Yes, do you wanna meet him?" She nods and I stand up.

"He's with Nash wanna go visit?"

"I have to put on a different outfit and fix my hair." She says while waving her hands.

"Wanna pick out an outfit and do your hair?"

"Yes!" She goes over to a suitcase and picks out a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. She changes and sits down. I brush out her hair and I braid a waterfall braid before taking a bobby pin and securing it.

"Ready?" I ask and she she sticks out her hands the way I always do to Sam when I want him to carry me. I pick her up and I grab my phone. I walk into the hallway and go to the other room. I knock and Matt opens the door. I walk in and take a seat on the bed and Skylynn sits on my lap.

"Where's your boyfriend?" She asks and everyone laughs.

"He's right there, that one." I point at Shawn whose sitting on the opposite bed and he waves.

"Hi, I'm Shawn."

"I'm Skylynn!" She shouts and I can't help but die from this kids cuteness.

"Do you like Sammy?" Nash asks and I give him a look.

"Yes she made my hair pretty." She points to the braid and leans her head onto me.

"She also sings." He says and she nods.

"Can you sing a song?" She asks and I nod.

"What song?"

"Roar." I laugh and I look at Shawn and Jacob.

"You two are doing this with me." They laugh and shake their heads.

"This is all you." I sigh and I start to sing it.

"You sing pretty." Skylynn nods and I blush. Little kids get me all the time.

"We are going to lunch so come on guys." Cameron stands and everyone else does. We all walk and Skylynn is still in my hands.

"Do you have any siblings?" She asks out of nowhere.

"Yeah, Jack come over here." He turns around and stops and I catch up to him.

"What's up?"

"Skylynn asked if I have any siblings."

"Jack is your brother?" I nod and he nods too.

"Okay, I have three brothers. Will, Nash and Hayes." I learn something new everyday.

//////////////////////////////////

"Bed time." Nash calls and I face him.

"Fine, let's go Sammy." Skylynn drags me to our room and Nash and everyone else just laughs.

"You all picked me on purpose." I shout to them.

"Yeah, it's payback."

"What did I ever do!" I walk into the room and I take the braid out of Skylynn's hair. She grabs her pajamas and changes and I do the same.

"Do wanna tell me a story?" She climbs into her bed and I nod.

"Once there was a little girl named Skylnn and she lived in a land of horses..." I keep making up a story and I realize she is knocked out. I go on my phone and I text Shawn.

"I miss you."

"I just saw you." Someone is being rude.

"I know, I think I'm just bored."

"You probably are."

"Well that's a good theory." A text comes in from Nash and I open it up.

"Is she still alive?"

"Yes, she's asleep and has been for a few minutes. I told her a story and now she's sleeping and definitely alive."

"Just making sure, also Hayes shares a room with you two but won't be there for a while.

"Tell him I hope he has a room key." I text Nash and I place my phone down and I get under my covers. The room is already dark and I had my relaxing tea before and I'm a little tired so I'm good. I hug Atticus and I close my eyes.

"Sammy, can I sleep in your bed." I hear a small voice and I open my eyes to see Skylynn.

"Of course, c'mon in." I lift up the covers and she climbs in and a crack of lightning goes and some thunder noises erupt and she clings to my arm.

"Don't worry, I'm here. Your fine." She keeps hold on my arm and I hear her breath steady and I decide to just go to bed as well, with her small arms wrapped around mine.