Chapter 14

Samantha's P.O.V

"Get up!" I look over at Shawn and he laughs.

"C'mon we have to get to the event. Apparently it's in two hours and we need to get from here to New Jersey." I grab my backpack and Royce and Shawn follow.

"I'm gonna go change in the bathroom. I look like crap so give me a minute I hurry into the bathroom and I put on a pair of light wash high waisted shorts that have little flowers on them and I beige sweater before re-putting on my brace and my vans. I put my sweatpants and sweatshirt in my backpack and I walk out.

"That was really quick." Royce laughs.

"I know now let's go." We walk out and get into a cab and we tell the driver where to bring us.

"You okay?" Shawn asks.

"Yeah, I just haven't seen my friends in a while and I miss them. Plus I haven't seen Jack in two and a half weeks. I miss him and Sammy."

"You know Bart's gonna make you sing, right?"

"Yeah, I know. He always does, but I don't know what song."

"How about one of your songs that you wrote?"

"Yeah, that works. I'll probably do Lovely or Read All About it." I recently wrote Lovely when I was upset with Jack.

(Lovely is by Sara Haze.)

"I haven't heard you sing, so I wanna see this." Royce smiles.

"We are here." The cab driver smiles and we pay her before Shawn grabs my suitcase from the back. They packed light unlike me.

"Jack said to go to the convention doors and go backstage." Shawn tells us and we walk to the backstage area. We walk in and Sammy turns around. I run toward him and I jump into his arms.

"I missed you so much." I mumble into his shoulder.

"I missed you too but don't run again. I don't need your knee hurt again." I nod and he puts me down.

"Jack is on the phone and he's gonna be back in a second, so just hide behind me and we'll scare him." I nod and I throw my bag down.

"What was that about?" Sammy asks Jack as he walks back into the room.

"Just Craig he wanted to know how Sammy's knee is." Sammy moves to the side and I smile at Jack. He picks me up and hugs me.

"I really do miss when you aren't around." He laughs.

"I would hope." I smile.

"Royce, get over here." I laugh and he walks over.

"Hey man, nice to meet you." He says to Jack.

"Yeah, thanks for keeping an eye on her for me." Jack smiles.

"Guys we go out in less than thirty minutes so chill out." Bart shouts through the room.

"Oh, you're here. You are gonna sing since Jacob isn't here." I nod and everyone else turns to me.

"I didn't even realize you were here." Nash laughs and comes over hugging me.

"Who's this?" he asks.

"This is Royce, he my bestest friend in the whole world. Except when he grounded me."

"That's a bad explanation." Nash laughs.

"I'll introduce him when we all sit down." I laugh and we all sit down.

"Introduce your friend Sammy. You bring someone, you have duty of introducing them." Cam laughs.

"Okay so this is Royce. He plays varsity soccer and is Jacks age. He's my best friend and he's like a brother to me. He watches me for Jack and make sure I don't do anything dumb as Jack puts it. He grounds me for Jack when I'm in Canada."