CBTBB - Chapter 42 - Taylor

Sophomore year... 

A great sigh escapes me as that particular though bounces around in my skull endlessly.

Not that I need that extra pressure now Lo and Syl are getting up to all sorts of trouble. Usually thanks to Sean O'Malley.

Squeezing my eyes shut and pinching the bridge of my nose as the unusually loud voices of Syl and Meredith carry up the stairs. 

"We didn't raise you like that Sylvester. I thought we raised you better than that." Meredith's angry voice screeches and I can just imagine Syl's head hanging as he looks at the point of his feet, doing his best not to cry.

"Please don't do it again."  Her voice softens and I hear a low murmur and the tapping of Syl's shoes on the tiles and then it is muffled as he walks on the carpet in the hall. The tapping continues as he walks on the wooden stairs and stops near my half-open door. 

"You okay there una piccola?" I ask after a couple of minutes wherein Syl doesn't enter my room like he usually does after having a row. "Syl?" Opening my door further, I frown in confusion as there is no one near my door at all. I could swear he was there. Looking up and down the hall to double check that he really isn't there, I sigh and head back to my desk where a mountainous pile of homework is waiting for me.

Later that night it is with great difficulty that I leave my laughing family in the living room, watching the family gameshow we religiously watch every week.  "Where are you going, Fratello? Are you not going to watch the show?" Syl asks as I reluctantly stand up from my cosy spot on the couch and sigh. 

"Sadly mio fratellino, I have an obligation to the institution that is called high school to complete before the end of the week and I realised that it was more than I anticipated."  The admission gets me a deep from Gordo and a shocked look from Meredith.

"I thought that you had everything under control." The low grumble from Gordo tells me that he is clearly not impressed and had expected better of me.

"I do. I just need to triple check that everything is still going smoothly as there were some classes cancelled and that homework hasn't been graded or returned yet." 

Not to mention that those particular subjects will, in the end, determine if I get to go to the college of my choice next year. And the teachers are such assholes who love to abuse their power.  

"I was worried about nothing..." Groaning in relief I beam at the higher mark signed on my papers than I expected. Not only that but the teacher actually praised me. Everyone was nearly on the floor in terror, waiting for meteors to start raining down on us.

I guess that he is not a crazy old bat after all. I just might be able to pull this off.

"You look quite happy. Should I be concerned?" Rafa looks at me with a hitched brow as he leans against my locker. Rolling my eyes, I give him a decent push and put my combo in. He grunts a little before pushing me further into my locker.

"Really?" I ask, "You are really doing this?" The bastard just grins as he shrugs. My eyes narrow in a heated glare that usually sends lesser beings into hiding, and it does make Rafa pause before he continues to piss me off. Sadly not this time as he just keeps smiling like a lunatic.

"Do I want to know?" Greg appears at my side with the papers in his hands that had fluttered down after Rafa pushed me into my locker. "Here." He hands me the papers without a glance at the marvellous marks on them, keeping a wary eye on Rafa.

"No, I don't think so." I sigh as I carefully put the papers away and switch my books for my next classes. "It no doubt involves your sister and I don't think either of us wants to know the intimate details of that kind of conversation."