CBTBB - Chapter 41 - Gregory

The first semester of my Senior year flew by and now the amount of work still needs to be done is catching up with me. Groaning, I stare at my dairy and dread pools in my stomach by the amount of stuff that I still need to do, review and finish.

Like seriously, who in their right mind thinks its a good idea to assign two 50.000 word reports on two totally not related subjects and a 10.000 book report on the same day?!

Thankfully, I have the two reports nearly done but kept procrastinating the book report and now 48 hours before the report has to be handed in, I have yet to open the book and read a word. Deciding to finish the two reports first, I roll my neck, preparing myself for a long night behind the PC screen. I barely manage to finish the two reports before dinner and have them printed before telling myself that I will start the book after.  

After dinner, I sit on my bed, book stubbornly staring me in the face. The genre is not really my thing (18th-century poetry) but, it needs to be done. Shivering as the spine creaks as I lift the cover, I find myself surprisingly lost in the content.

Nearly dropping the book in freight when there is a knock on my door sometime later, mom stands on my room threshold dressed for bed. It is only now that I notice that the hall is dark and there is no sound in the house.

"Don't stay up too late okay?" He says as he pushes off the door frame, ready to leave, "Remember that you made the promise to drop Nance off at Rafa's tomorrow around noon."

  Now that he mentions it, I vaguely remember Nance asking me about Rafa's birthday party and the agreement to get her there. 

Right, I will just finish this poem and then go to bed.

I decide this as I take a peek at the little digital clock on my nightstand that reads 1 AM in soft glowing green numbers. Turning my attention back to the book, I have to wrestle to put it down to go to sleep.

Needless to say, I am grouchy when I am forcefully woken the next morning by a too cheerful younger sibling who made it his mission to jump on my bed while screaming on the top of his lungs that I 'NEED TO WAKE UP NOW GREG!'

Winching, I turn my head the other way, hoping to quiet the noise a little. That obviously didn't help as that movement alerted Lo to the fact that I am awake and he started bouncing harder, shrieking on the top of his powerful lungs.

"Okay, okay. I'm up, I'm up " Grumbling, I push him aside and reluctantly leave the safety of my bed. Staring grumpy at my breakfast didn't do anything for the loud chatter going around me become bearable. It only goes cold, and cold food is not fit for human consumption. So, I gingerly scoop up some of the perfect scrambled eggs and take a tiny sip of orange jus, to flush down the tablet for my now pounding headache.

Nance snorted as she noticed me, "You really look like a wreck, it is hard to think that it is because of an allnighter instead of drinking all night."

The narrowing of my eyes has her burst with quick laughter, which she smothers with her hand and turned her head away. "ANYWAY," she continues, "If we want to make it to Rafa's birthday anytime today, we need to get going."

Closing my eyes and resisting to bash my head against the table, I breathe out and get up like a zombie and shuffle to the little key hook with all the car keys and swipe my own.

Lo and Nance were full of chatter on the way to Rafa's house where I will drop off Nance before going back to town to drop Lo off at Sean's house.

As of late, Lo seems to have found to balance the time he spends with both his friends. Although never at the same time, somehow, Sean and Syl never managed to play well together. They will be okay for a while before something happens and either gets upset and blame the other. Sadly, Lo usually chooses Sean's side instead of Syl's, what is what everybody usually expects.