CBTBB - Chapter 12 - Gregory

The type of ring Gordo wears

It was kinda funny to see Nancy run around looking absolutely flustered. Today she was going to school with her boyfriend Rafael for the first time. Mom isn't very impressed, he was standing there in the kitchen with his arms crossed in front of him grumbling under his breath about idiotic Italians. Luckily for us dad is there to keep mom occupied, if there is another thing I bless my papa for is his limitless patience with mom whenever his in one of those moods. I see a set of headlights swipe up our drive and Nance let's out an inhuman screech.

"OH. MY. GOD! Oh my god! He's here! He's here!" She rushed up to me and grabbed my arms, shaking me "I look okay right? There is no odd make up or anything stain on my clothes right?" She took my baffled silence as a bad sign and looked about to cry ready before dashing up the stairs to changes her clothes again.

"Querido; you look absolutely stunning." Dad managed to grab a hold of her arm before she could reach the landing. Dad's gaze softened, "If he doesn't notice, than he is an idiot. Now, let's go and face him." Just then Lo opened the door squealing as he rushed at Syl, who usually came with Taylor and not Rafael. "Where is your car Rafael?" The only car that stood on our drive besides mine and my parents' cars was Taylor's. Rafael blushed a little before opening his mouth to reply but Taylor beat him to it. "His parents forced him to lend his baby to his older brother who actually managed to stall it so many times it needed to go to the garage to have the engine replaced."

Taylor sighed "And I am the friend stuck with lending the car so he could go and pick up his girlfriend." I blinked surprised that Taylor was okay with someone driving his car; he always struck me as someone who is overly cautious with his car. "Oh, well then we can just carpool today in my car. Lo would love that wouldn't you Lo?" Both younger boys cheered and Taylor walked back to his car to get Syl's car seat and put it in mine besides Lo's car seat. Looking back I could see mom stand there all intimidating in front of a nervous looking Rafael. "You better bring my baby girl back in one piece you hear me DiNozzo? And on time you hear me? No lingering at school or the diner or the youth centre." He would have said more but dad pulled him back. "If you don't let them go now Queirdo they will be late." Rafael and Nancy made their hastily escape now dad had mom successfully distracted.

After strapping both boys in their car seats, we made our way at a leisurely pace towards the elementary school building. We were waving towards the boys at the entrance doors when it hit me that we looked like a pair of parents, just like nearly every other adult that filled the playground in front the school. Taylor looked at me with this piercing gaze, making me blush harder. "What is it that has you blushing this cutely Greg?" I focus on the road instead of giving him an answer. When I park the car in front of our school building, Taylor is at my side in a blink of an eye. "Come on Greg! Tell me!" His face is so close to mine that I can see golden specks in his dark eyes. I swallow, biting my lip. Taylor's eyes follow the movement with heated eyes; his body is pressing mine in to the car. "Tell me Greg. I want to know." He husked, his eyes flitting over my face as it goes even redder. I am saved by the tardy bell from answering. Ducking and racing towards the building hear him shout at me "You will tell me Greg! Even if it's the last thing I do!"

To most that heard and watched our interaction the last words sounded like a threat. I knew it wasn't a threat of bodily harm like most thought; it was a threat of him digging and popping up at the most random times until I give in and tell him. Yet this time, I am more than determined not to give in, no matter how annoying he gets or how much he nags. Now filled with determination, I make my way over to the cafeteria. As per usual everybody but me is already seated at the table. Carrying up my tray to the table I frown a little as I don't see Taylor. Usually he is already seated and halfway done with his lunch by the time I arrive. I don't worry though; he has periods where he just vanishes only to pop up at the end of the day.