CBTBB - Chapter 35 - Taylor

I can tell that Greg is nervous and excited to go to Italy. Although he said he wasn't tired at all, he fell asleep before his head hit the pillow. Shaking my head as Greg sleeps through the sound of my alarm clock; I decide to let him sleep a little longer.

"Come on sleepy head, time to wake up." Ruffling his hair, because I know how much he hates that, he glares at me with one eye as the rest of his face is hidden in the pillow. "You need to get dressed if you want to catch the plane." That seems to wake him up as he sits up quickly and throws of the quilt and rushes around the room to get his clothes and slams the bathroom door behind him. I walk down the stairs as I hear the shower running.

Chuckling as I see Syl bounce in his seat to a rhythm he can only hear as he munches on his cereal, I quickly nab two hot pieces of toast that just popped up out of the toaster. "Hey!" Meredith looks a little annoyed but rolls her eyes and swiftly put in two more pieces, standing close to it so I can't nab any other pieces.

"Morning." Gordo grumbles as he kisses Meredith on her cheek and sits down in his seat, gratefully accepting the espresso Meredith hands him. "Where is Greg?" Gordo looks at me over the rim of his tiny cup.

"I think he just finished showering, so I think he will be here soon." Greg enters the room just as I wash down my last piece of toast with some orange juice. He flushes a little as he takes a seat beside me, murmurs he would love some cereal for breakfast as Meredith asked him what he would like to have. "I am going to get ready." Rising from my seat, I carry my dishes over to the sink; I make my way to the hall and take the stairs two at a time. After a quick wash and rinse, I emerge freshly washed and teeth brushed.

I can't help but chuckle as I watch Greg's awed face as we enter the airport after parking the car in the long term parking space. His head keeps rotating round and round, wide eyed as he tries to take in everything that is happening at once. He starts as Syl lets out a happy squeal on top of the suitcases as I sharply turn the trolley. "Don't do that damn it!" He mutters as he still hold his hand over his heart. "Nearly gave me a heart attack."

Syl pouts and clambers off the suitcases as Meredith gives us a stern glare just before we join the queue to drop off our suitcases that go into the bottom of the plane. Greg nervously hands over his passport to Meredith when it is our turn and Gordo and I lug all the suitcases piece for piece on the rotator belt so we can see what the weight is and the stewardess ca attach our plan information on it. She gives Meredith the passports back and the printed tickets and circles the gate and departure time on the top most ticket.

After dropping the trolley near the other trolleys, Greg firmly grabs hold of my hand as we make our way through customs. Dropping my bag in the designated little tray, I wriggle my belt out of the belt loops, putting all the stuff from my pockets in a separate tray, I wait for the customs officer to wave me through the machine that scans my body for anything hidden under my clothes.

The alarm goes off just as I finish putting my belt through the last hoop and look up to see a white faced Greg speaking to the customs officer. He pulled off his belt and was made to walk through the machine again – this time the alarm doesn't go off and he is free to gather his things.

"Remember to remove your belt next time." Greg scowls at my grin as he continues to stuff things back in his pockets as we wait on Gordo, Meredith and Syl to go through customs. Nobody makes any more fun of Greg as we all totter to the big screen behind customs to see what gate we need to go to. It doesn't take long for our gate to open and we stroll down to it.

I give Greg the window seat that was originally mine so he can look out the window as we board the plane. Settling in my seat beside Greg, I chuckle as he bounces excitedly like Syl in his seat. He pays a lot of focused attention as the stewards and stewardesses point out the safety features in our plane. As soon as they are done, I yawn and nearly fall asleep as we take off. It is only for Greg's startled grunt that I open my eyes and look at him. He blushes as he firmly grips my hand and squeezes it for the duration of take-off and landing.