CBTBB - Chapter 24 - Gregory

Greg looking unimpressed

I haven't even met Taylor's mother but I feel angry enough to wring her neck! I mean even my drug addicted mother was around for the suffocating hug when she was as high as a kite after my dad used me as a punching bag. But I had seen the look on his face when he said she wasn't at the funeral and that hurt him the most. He still loves his mother, but that action of not showing up at the funeral left a deep scar on his heart and soul.

My poor baby. I softly run my hand through Tay's hair as his breath puffs out of his slightly open mouth. He grumbles a little as he shifts his weight closer to mine is his fitful sleep. "I am going to take care of you Tay, don't you worry." I kiss his forehead before cuddling closer to Tay's heat under the covers and burrow my nose in his hair. When I reopen my eyes, I see Tay's curled around Syl. When did he get here? I can't help but smile as I push the covers back, getting up.

"Morning." I smother a yawn as I walk down the stairs. Dad looks up from his pots on the stove. "Can I take some upstairs? Tay is still asleep." I frown as I see Lo sit on the floor all sad and rejected. "What is it Lo? What's wrong?" He turns to me and I see he is trying very hard to keep his tears at bay.

"Syl left." He sniffles, inhales the bogus dripping out of his nose and wipes his nose for good measure. "Without saying goodbye or eating breakfast. I thought he was my friend." Now he started wailing as he throws himself at me.

"He didn't leave you Lo; he is my bed sound asleep with Tay." Lo is up and out of the room just as I manage to finish the sentence. A chuckle makes me turn on my heel and bounce a little backwards because my chest collides with a heavy laden tray. Courtesy of dad's cooking now we have two more mouths to feed.

"Take this upstairs, I am pretty sure Lo woke the sleeping beauties up." Dad ruffles my hair making me roll my eyes as I gladly accept the tray. Dad had added a plate for me and Lo. Sadly, my balance isn't the best as I rattle hard enough to wake Nance out of her beauty sleep and she glares at me as I walk past her room.

Tay's eyes soften as he sees me standing on the threshold with a tray; Lo and Syl are sprawled all over the room that I had left behind. "What is our plan for today?" I sit down next to Tay as he starts handing out plates and lifting lids of little pots. I wasn't really keen on leaving my room for it was very cold out, but Tay's deep sigh told me he has something planned. And I have to brave the cold anyway since I have trainning later.

"I think I am going to go home and talk to mom. I am pretty sure both she and Gordo said things they didn't mean. And that way I hope to figure out what she meant with taking me and Syl back home to Italy."

My mouth drops; he didn't say that on the phone to dad last night. By the way Lo and Syl reacted they hadn't known either. Both boys looked like scared little bunnies that smell a fox but can't see it. They cling to the other tightly as they continue to stare at Tay with big wide eyes.

"You're leaving?!" I can't help but screech at the end of my sentence; I didn't want him to leave. Lo didn't want Syl to leave either, he got this very determined look on his face. Tay shakes his head as he cups my face, drawing me closer to his face despite my best efforts. 

"I am not going anywhere Il mio cuore {my heart}. I am not planning to leave your side." He looks a little sad as he continues "I am pretty sure mom only wants me and Syl to back to Italy so she can get access to papà's millions." Syl tears up and Lo slowly rubs little circles on his back. He smiles as he tugs me close, "I will leave Syl here, I am just going to see how things are and get a few changes of clothes for us. Your dad invited us to stay for as long as mom is in town." He glances back at Syl "I think I will take your dad up on his offer."