CBTBB - Chapter 17 - Taylor

I was walking towards Greg in the school hall with a spring in my step. I finally managed to convince Greg to come to my house to fill in college applications. I noticed he had forgotten to send one in, Green's veterinary university. So I took it upon myself and send it in. "Greg!" giddily I shout out his name as I finally spot him down the hall with Joel beside him. He grins shyly as he looks my way and waves timidly. "Taylor, I was wondering if I could come by again today, I forgot something yesterday." He nervously twiddles with his fingers as he speaks. "If this is about that application you forgot yesterday, I already sent it in for you." His head snaps up, his eyes wide. "Really?" He looks unbelievably cute like this though. "Yeah." I grin at him "That's what friends are for right?" He mumbles something I can't make out. "What was that?" I bend forward to him "You're not my friend." He mumbles, I open my mouth to protest "You're my boyfriend."

Just as I am to reach out and kiss him the sting of a slap on my cheek jerks me wide awake. I blink my eyes open and am faced with my little brother's slightly disturbed face. "You were drooling and smiling fratello. It was very creepy." I cup the cheek where his red hand print is shining on my tan skin. "There was no need to slap me so hard you know." I grumble as he gives me a haughty look and disappears out of my room. "If only that dream will come true." I groan as I flop back down on my comfy bed. "Taylor!" Meredith's high pitched voice snapped me out of my dozing "If you don't get up right now you are going to make Syl late for school! And in addition to that there will be no breakfast for you." That threat had me out of my bed in seconds, if I don't eat breakfast I won't last until lunch time. I quickly hop into my shower washing myself and rinsing in record time, dry myself off roughly and grab the first pair of clean pants I see after tugging on my boxers, throw on a pair of socks and a sweater. Racing down the stairs I struggle to put on my shoes and carry my stuffed backpack.

Stumbling into the kitchen I am greeted with Syl still eating his morning cereal, Rafa's plate still full of pancakes. He has been coming around for breakfast, lunch and dinner since he tasted Meredith's awesome cooking. Looking at the digital clock on the oven I groan as I see that it's only 07.15 am. Flopping in my chair I grind out a good morning to Gordo who just entered the kitchen, Meredith smiles at me as she places a plate full of steaming pancakes and a cup of coffee. I roll my eyes at their obvious merit as I angrily chew on the pancakes. "So what happened to you?" I look to the side as we make our way into the red bricked school building, "Syl said something about you being disturbing in your sleep?" Leave it to my little brother to go announce to the world that I was having a pleasant dream. I put in my locker combo and started putting useless stuff in there. "The reason for that is I had a good dream last night." I resist the urge to bang my head against the metal of the locker as Rafa tries but can't successfully hide his excitement. "About Greg." It's not a question but a statement. I nod in agreement and he lets out a high pitched squeal. I grimace and rub my ears a little "God! Don't do that ever again! I don't want to lose my hearing."

I was a little depressed when lunch finally rolled around; I hadn't seen Greg all day. In all my excitement I had forgotten that Greg and his team had a game today. A game played at the other school's gym, meaning I couldn't go and watch it. I needed to get my marks up more if I wanted to get into my first choice college. So I opted to send him a quick good luck text. Just to wish you the best during your game. My heart felt a little heavier as there was no response what so ever throughout the rest of the day. It wasn't until I went into my last class of the day that I got a response from Greg Thank you!  We won the game! Not long after another one came Can we talk after school? "Mister Thompson, please pay attention at the front of the class instead of your phone." I just raise a brow and continue to stare at my phone and text Greg back a little apprehensive about what he wanted to talk about. We hadn't really spoken since the day I heard Greg blow up on his mom about him telling me things about his past. Sure. Do you have practice today? Greg stated he didn't have practice today because of the game. I will wait for you in the car park.