CBTBB - Chapter 6 - Taylor

Pic of Greg's burn-marks on his wrist

For a change of pace of things; Lo and Greg were coming over to our house to play and study for our project. I was pacing up and down my bed room as I waited for Greg and Lo to come. "Dude relax." Rafa drawled from his position on my bed, I hadn't told him or Ronnie that Greg and I shared a kiss. That was private until I had figured out what I really wanted from Greg. I sigh as Rafa snickered at the comic he was reading; he was always reading his comics at my house because a bad boy like him couldn't be found reading comics. He is either totally clues to the fact that everybody knows he reads those comics or he ignores it.

The shrill sound of the doorbell being rung released me from my mussing as sprint down the stairs. My hand rests on the doorknob as Syl whines "I want to open the door fratello." I chuckle as I step to the side and lift him so he could reach the doorknob. On the other side of the door stood an excited Lo and Greg with a questioning high eyebrow, shrugging I place Syl back down again and Lo and Syl race off to the living room. "Come on in." Greg slowly steps over the threshold as if he is waiting for anybody to jump him. That all changed within a second when he heard a cry from the living room. "LO! What's wrong?" He dropped everything and moved towards the sound. "Está bien, estás bien Lo. ¿Me dirás lo que está mal?" (It's okay, you're okay Lo. Tell me what is wrong?) I don't think he knew it but he fell back on Spanish while talking to Lo.

"What's with all the racket?" Rafa finally managed to pull away from his comics. His eyes widened as he saw Greg sitting on the floor rocking a now sniffling Lo back and forth. "I don't know; I don't speak Spanish." Syl was on Lo's other side, rubbing his back clumsily. "Le dije a papá que te olvidaste de Coby. Ahora está en camino con él." (I told dad that you forgot Coby. He is on his way with him right now.) Whatever he said to Lo must have been what he wanted to hear, he calmed down almost immediately. Not long after that the doorbell rang once more and not much later Santiago Chambers walked into our living room holding a worn out Paddington Bear. "COBY!" Lo squealed and latched on to his father's leg. "Lo won't go to any house without Coby." I was slightly startled as Greg's voice sounded from my side. "So he's going to be okay now?" I asked a little worried since Lo is still stuck to Santiago. I see Greg nod from the corner of my eye "He should be good now Coby is here."

Santiago politely declined to have lunch with us; he was on his lunch break from work and had to go back. He said something in Spanish to Lo which nodded his head in agreement before running off after Syl to the back yard with Coby firmly hugged to his chest. After a free lunch Rafa made himself scares; he was always gone when school work needed to be done. Not that I minded, he would probably run to Ronnie and tell her he had seen Santiago Chambers in the flesh and just lounge around her house. Sure enough I got a text from Ronnie complaining about Rafa hanging around in her house. I know that she doesn't mind, I think she might have a little crush on Rafa and she only complains about him because as a friend she feels like she ought to.

I shake my head lightly as I walk into my room holding a tray full of snacks Meredith forced on me. I stop on the threshold as I see Greg lounging on my bed; he's holding one of Rafa's comics in his hands. But that is not what stopped me in my tracks; it's the scars that clearly show on the piece of skin that is exposed by Greg lying on my bed. "What is it Taylor?" Greg's voice pulls me out of my staring, and so I notice he looks slightly uncomfortable. "Your back..." Greg immediately pulls down his shirt and shifts into a sitting position, facing me. After I set the tray down we work in uncomfortable silence; neither of us knowing what to say. It was driving me insane; I was torn between demanding to know and wanting not to know. What happened to him was none of my business, no matter how many times I told myself that I wasn't convinced that I didn't want to know. I wanted to know, I wanted to know everything about Greg.