CBTTB - Chapter 8 - Taylor

Pic of Greg playing volleybal

I frown lightly as I notice that over the course of the week that Greg looked tired but content. And no matter how many times I asked him what was going on he wouldn't tell me. He said that he would tell me coming Thursday; he said that he would have a clear answer then. My mood was slightly sour as he told me that, I really wanted to know what he was doing. I did see him leaving and entering the gym on more than one occasion, so I obviously noticed that he was fitter and more muscular.

Ronnie grinned at me and had the smug look of someone who knew something I didn't and it concerned Greg. I glared in her direction whenever she was looking my way, much to her amusement. I must have been losing my MOB touch since she doesn't cower like everybody else when faced with my glare. It became so obvious that even Syl was concerned for me. "Are you okay fratello? You are frowning a lot lately." I look up from my desk where I was frowning at my homework. My eyes softened as I turned in his direction, lifted him on my lap and cuddles lightly with him. "It's just that I can't stand the fact that Greg is keeping a secret from me. You know I don't like secrets." I felt him nod as I rested my chin on his head, he was fiddling with a lose strand of me sweater. "I think I know what it is, but I promised Lo I wouldn't tell anyone." He looked so pleadingly at me that I couldn't get it over my lips to ask him what it was. This was the first time anyone ever had asked him to keep something a secret from me.

When the awaited Thursday rolled around, I was cranky, moody and snappy. I even made Syl cry this morning with my snarky reply to his question if I could pass him the Mill for his cereal. Gordo managed to calm him down and offered to drop him off at school. Everybody at school skirted around be, not wanting to release my unearthly anger on them. Every other person except Greg met my eyes, not even the toughest teacher dared to hold my gaze longer than a few seconds. It was lunchtime and everybody anticipated a fight, the air was thick with tension. They all held their breath as Greg spoke to me "Will you come to the gym after class? I want to show you something." Inwardly I cheered, he's finally gonna tell me what the hell was going on! On the outside my face was cool; I managed to even look bored as I replied "Sure, no problem." After that Greg left his seat and went to sit with his new friends table. Friends he had since yesterday, making me frown at their intention. I had seen one or two of them look at him lustfully.

I groaned in happiness when the school bell sounded, releasing us for the day. I was making my way to my locker as I saw one of the guys at Greg's new table stand there in front of my locker looking all tough and shit. "What do you want?" I growled, not happy to having my way blocked by some no name punk. "I want you to leave Greg alone Thompson, he been through enough shit already." I snorted at his commanding tone, "Well isn't too bad for you that he invites me on his own to meet him at the gym, and besides we work on a project together for Mr. Rush' class." His tough act faltered at hearing Rush' name, everybody knows how much of a nag he is. The man is known for it. He shrugged his shoulders, "Whatever, besides Rush leave him alone." He purposely bumper into me as he made his way towards the exit.

"Did that guy purposely bump into you?" Rafa's unbelieving voice sounded in my ear. "He must have a death wish." I just shrugged switched my books and made my way over to the gym, with Rafa and Ronnie following me like the guard dogs they are. While walking, I send Gordo a text saying I would be later today; I was meeting up with Greg at the gym. He told me to be careful and that Meredith would leave some dinner for me if I wasn't home on time. With that done I met up with a nervous looking Greg, he kept fiddling with the strap of his gym-bag. "So, what did you want to show me?" Greg twitched at hearing my voice so close, he didn't notice my arrival, something he always did. He must be really nervous. "Oh, Taylor you're here. Good. Come follow me." He guided me past the cafeteria, the bulletin board with announcements of the names that had made it into the teams. I stopped dead in my tracks as I noticed Greg's name in the column of the third string Volley team.