CBTBB - Chapter 20 - Gregory

I was having a hard time keeping a straight face as mom continued to freak out over the fact that Nance spend the night at Rafa's house. To be honest so did dad, but the angry look mom sent me tells me he hides it better than I do. Lo was a little confused at all the commotion. "What is going on Greg?" I look up from where I was seated on the bottom stair tying my shoe laces. "Why is mom so agitated?" He glances back at where mom and dad are talking quietly in the kitchen.

I just smile as I get up and hold out my hand to him. "It's because Nance stayed over at Rafa's house last night." Lo was thinking deeply about it while I buckled him into his car seat. "Is it because she called so late to say that she was staying over at his house?" I count myself lucky that it was only thing he thought of, not the horrible things mom had cooked up on his own. I nod my head in agreement; he is still too young to know that mom feared her getting pregnant or something like that. "Something like that." Stopping at Taylor's house I clapped my hands over my ears as Lo let out a happy squeal when the front door opened and both Syl and Taylor walked out.

As he climbed into the car Taylor gave me a smirk, probably knowing that my mom was throwing a fit. "So Rafa called me this morning," He grinned, most likely taking delight in my embarrassed expression. "He was saying that he had a very interesting conversation with your mother last night about responsibilities and a lot of more uncomfortable subjects." I groaned, resisting the urge to bang my head against my steering wheel. I heard part of the conversation last night, only getting bits and pieces. I tuned it out when mom started going on and on about protection, safe sex and obligations should Nance come home pregnant. "It was that bad huh?" Taylor was still grinning as we made our way out of the elementary school's parking lot.

I pout as I remember mom quite clearly and loudly explain to Rafa he would be in for a world of pain should he not treat Nance right. "It's not something I want to repeat for the rest of my life." I grunt a little as Taylor wrapped his arms tightly around me mumbling under his breath about how cute I am when embarrassed. I hid my face in his neck as my face went up in flames. Much to my chargin Taylor only cooed all the way to my locker, making everybody else pay attention to me. Something I didn't need on top of Taylor's cooing.

I finally saw Nance during lunch time, the only time every class no matter what grade had at the same time. "So are you going to tell me what happened last night?" Nance jolted when I questioned her as we stood in the line waiting to pay for our food. "Mom said he didn't believe it that you two fell asleep and nothing more happened." She relaxed a little before smiling at the person behind the counter as she paid for her lunch. "It's the truth, we were cuddling on his bed and I was so full from the dinner and warmth from Rafa's embrace made me so sleepy that I dozed off." She rolled her eyes as I shot her my disbelieving look. "Look," She hesitated and blushed before she bends towards me and whispered "my virtue is intact. I have a picture to prove it." We place our trays on the table and she pulls out her phone and scrolls through its content and shows me a picture of both her and Rafa, fully clothed on his bed under a light quilt. The time read 22.00 pm. "Rafa's mom; Christina send it to me as soon as she made it."

Although I had cooled off during the weekend, I still felt anger spike through my veins when I walked into the locker room and was met with quick glances of my teammates. I refused to respond to their text or chats in our group chat. I only read their text and participation in the group chat because they might have some important information about practice today. The rest of things going on in the chat I ignored. The coach sighed as he took in our fractured formation after a few warm up rounds. "Okay you brats gather 'round!" Nobody said anything as we made our way over to him on the side line. "Alright ladies, what is the problem? Who is PMS-ing?" His eyes narrowed to tiny slits as nobody answered his question. "Alright, fine. Don't answer my question." He huffed. "Then we will start the menu training from Hell right now. See if you all still feel like not talking after you have been through that."